or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

Sometimes feeling blue is feeling pretty awesome… Here’s wishing all of you an absolutely superlative Sunday ahead! #maisonceladon #celadonimperial #madeinchinawithpride
Hey guys, an update on this green linen... After sorting out various details with WBill and the mill, we're now good to go ahead with this order. The cloth will be ready in 2 months' time after full payment. Price is confirmed at the Sing dollar equivalent of 77 GBP/m. One question - would you all be okay with going a shade darker? A couple guys have PMed me to say that they think the swatch above is a bit too light. If no one raises any objections, I will go ahead and...
Artificial light... and Natural light...
Hi guys! Firstly my apologies for being totally MIA from this thread. I had a leg injury a couple months ago and have been in and out of hospital since. Thankfully it's recovering well. So if I haven't replied to your PM in ages, then please accept my huge apologies, and I will get round to replying in the coming two weeks. So an update on this gorgeous new cloth of ours! We are now well over the minimum required, and I'm currently finalizing details with WBill/Harrisons....
Something simple for this bright sunny Sunday afternoon...
They definitely do. Even for modern watches, I think VC's designs are the most elegant (more so than Patek and Lange) and tastefully sized.You'll enjoy this article written by my friend Alex Ghotbi on vintage watches (featuring his collection of VC chronographs). I've always loved reading his very evocative prose. There're more on the Hour Lounge too.http://quillandpad.com/2015/05/13/vintage-watch-snobbery-or-how-i-met-your-mother/
Thanks Dopey! The vintage VC (as with most top and mid-end vintage of the '50s and '60s) is IMHO leagues ahead of the contemporary production of the big houses these days. More care and more lavish materials and handwork was used on almost all parts of the watch. That is a standard I strive for in the watches that I design and produce myself under Celadon.More scans for you...
Cheers Alex! Well they didn't look like they were doing too badly. Isn't there an ALS boutique in Dubai?
Thanks @mimo. The strap in my photos is a real gator strap, a really superb hand-stitched bespoke one in fact. We've started offering bespoke straps in a whole range of skins (elephant, camel, gator/croc, python, shark, hippo, nubuck, suede etc) along with matching hand-stitched belts as well as a service for our Celadon Connoisseurs.The thing about including real gator straps as stock is the shipping logistics. Many countries especially the US have regulations which...
Thanks for the kind words @ShawnBC! The Peacock guilloche in my photo that you quoted took us one year to design and refine to perfection. Even though the Peacock, along with the Plum Blossom guilloche, is based on vintage Chinese watch designs of the '50s and '60s, our interpretation is original and combines vintage elegance with a fresh modernity.Have a look at my Midnight Blue Imperial with the Plum Blossom, and I'd love to hear what you guys think! Bespoke monogramming...