or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

Something simple for this bright sunny Sunday afternoon...
They definitely do. Even for modern watches, I think VC's designs are the most elegant (more so than Patek and Lange) and tastefully sized.You'll enjoy this article written by my friend Alex Ghotbi on vintage watches (featuring his collection of VC chronographs). I've always loved reading his very evocative prose. There're more on the Hour Lounge too.http://quillandpad.com/2015/05/13/vintage-watch-snobbery-or-how-i-met-your-mother/
Thanks Dopey! The vintage VC (as with most top and mid-end vintage of the '50s and '60s) is IMHO leagues ahead of the contemporary production of the big houses these days. More care and more lavish materials and handwork was used on almost all parts of the watch. That is a standard I strive for in the watches that I design and produce myself under Celadon.More scans for you...
Cheers Alex! Well they didn't look like they were doing too badly. Isn't there an ALS boutique in Dubai?
Thanks @mimo. The strap in my photos is a real gator strap, a really superb hand-stitched bespoke one in fact. We've started offering bespoke straps in a whole range of skins (elephant, camel, gator/croc, python, shark, hippo, nubuck, suede etc) along with matching hand-stitched belts as well as a service for our Celadon Connoisseurs.The thing about including real gator straps as stock is the shipping logistics. Many countries especially the US have regulations which...
Thanks for the kind words @ShawnBC! The Peacock guilloche in my photo that you quoted took us one year to design and refine to perfection. Even though the Peacock, along with the Plum Blossom guilloche, is based on vintage Chinese watch designs of the '50s and '60s, our interpretation is original and combines vintage elegance with a fresh modernity.Have a look at my Midnight Blue Imperial with the Plum Blossom, and I'd love to hear what you guys think! Bespoke monogramming...
Cheers Cantab, there's a pic in the link below of the navy chalk Rangoon made up by Ripensehttp://avantistilo.blogspot.sg/2014/08/our-rangoon-113-navy-chalkstripe-made.htmlI've had a couple DB and SB suits made in this Rangoon, as have many friends around the world, and we all agree that the cloth is lovely and likely the best tropical worsted around. I order it to a higher spec than Lesser SFT which is/was also made by Minnis.On the subject of a custom run of sturdier...
Wearing something extraordinary today...
Thanks very much! Celadon is simply a passion project of mine - a quest to build something which I couldn't find before, an exceedingly well-made, elegant, dressy but versatile watch, but with a certain distinctive charisma (something usually missing with mainstream dress watches).Quite a few friends here have the Red dial, and many also have the Blanc de Chine (ivory) watch, or both And many have ordered the upcoming Midnight Blue with Plum Blossom Guilloche, or the Blanc...
Some Russian friends wearing my Celadon Imperial on a lovely spring day in Moscow. http://www.tempusfugitwatch.com/2015/03/wrapping-up-celadon-imperial.html