or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

Thanks for the suggestions, but I specifically designed the jacket to be cut shorter than a traditional sportcoat, as it's a hybrid of a sportcoat and cardigan. Without the shaping of a jacket, the length would look too long. The shaping here is mainly from the stretchy jersey or pique fabric.Likewise for the buttoning point, it has to be a little higher to keep the wearer warm like a cardigan would, and the jacket is designed to be worn norfolk-style (both buttons...
Test-driving the new Courchevel jacket prototype, on a cozy winter's evening. These were designed by me as a hybrid of sportcoat and cardigan, perfect for apres-ski next to a roaring fire, snifter in hand. The one here is in a navy wool/cashmere jersey fabric with a fantastic hand. These are perfect for travel, folding up easily and resistant to wrinkles. I'm thinking of adding a patch barchetta pocket and a lapel buttonhole on the production jackets. Perhaps...
Very proud of my new bespoke engraving option; thought I'd share some pics of the prototype movement here... And some pics of the watch from the front, for good measure... Happy holidays everybody!
Hey @dieworkwear, I have a sportcoat in the cotton twill - in the 290gm weight it's not too heavy or warm at all. All relative of course, just keep it as unstructured as possible and turn the A/C up!
In case those who joined me two months ago in ordering some custom Bonfanti shirting haven't read their PMs, here's an update on production (specifics on delivery will be in the PM for the sake of privacy)... Some pictures of two of the six shirtings First is a sky blue etamine weave linen-cotton s170/2 gingham, we did the same in stripes as well (same width) And second is a very special sky blue puppytooth in s170/2 twill, smooth as silk.. Stay tuned for pics of...
Thanks @RogerP, funny you should mention that. I had a couple clients order a mono-colored dial, exactly in either blue or white. It's no problem at all. And even with a single colored dial, the enamel still lends itself well as there's a depth to the dial and it changes color according to the angle of view - essentially like how a pane of glass (which is what the enamel technically is) placed over a still lake would look.@jbarwick - it's actually not that hard to read the...
Thanks! You should do it. I'm thinking of having an engraving done on the back of my Reverso, but probably not enamel. Somehow I think I prefer the enamel to be on the dial - makes it look a little less like an overly ornate 19th century pocket watch. But that's just my personal preference, obviously the charm of the Reverso is how personal the underside is to the owner.
Thanks my friend. Always a pleasure!
Friends, just wanted to share with you guys the first step towards my personal bespoke Cloisonn├ę enamel dial watch. After a few weeks of finalising what I wanted and what was technically feasible, and then having the image rendered and then painted and fired by the enameller, my enamel dial has finally been completed. At this level of magnification, one can see the gold borders which are 0.04mm gold wire, the finest and most intricate gold wire used for enamelling in the...
thanks!