or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

Hey Frilly, apologies for the delay. Wanted to firm up a few details before sharing further info. Thanks and will definitely keep you posted!Yep there're definitely lots of chances for not minor, but major customisations I'm a total bespoke addict so it kinda carries over into the watch world, where customization normally is impossible/impractical with mainstream brands or costs an atomic bomb with the independents. I'm trying to make my bespoke options more accessible in...
That's what I thought too but apparently though the raw material is relatively cheap, because it's very hard like platinum or titanium, it costs a lot to work and machine into a nicely-finished microrotor.Very much like titanium in that sense, because the labor costs to machine it are higher than gold. Not only that, because the workshop has to throw out their tooling after going through just a bit of tungsten, this cost has to be factored in too for them.
I'm based in Singapore and spend some time of the year in HK. This is my day job Happy to help if you ever need some tips mate!Ben
No worries mate!
Yep, it was up there with Frilly's post a couple pages back.11,800 USD / 8,800 Euro in stainless steel…and perhaps even more intriguingly…17,700 USD / 12,900 Euro in solid platinum.
Cheers Mimo. As I recall the only production steel perpetuals around the price range of my own steel watch is the new MontBlanc at circa 12k, and the boutique-only JLC at 20k. Also the GO but that's around the price or higher than the JLC depending where you get it from. With the steel Seraphim I specifically designed the watch based on folks' complaints about the MontBlanc and JLC - subdials way too close together (because of the Dubois-Depraz module), gold indices on a...
Thanks for the feedback Frilly! My intention was exactly to price this watch very attractively - If you consider how much an entry-level plat piece from a top or even mid-range maker would cost (I think of all the high horology makers, Moser has the least expensive platinum watches), and even more so a platinum time-only watch (what more a QP!) from Patek or Lange, then I think the value becomes apparent.I know you have one (or was it two?) of the Patek ultra-thin QPs, so...
Hey guys... check out what I picked up at the local flea market that day.. A dime-store clock! ok just kidding... just wanted to post up a cool pic from when I visited Parmigiani in Switzerland. This special clock was on display for a few days, as the owner had sent it in for repair and servicing. This was a one-off that Michel Parmigiani did for him about two decades ago, and I was told that this was likely the only time the clock would enter the public eye. After...
Hey emptym! Second the suggestion for wire transfer, as the seller then has pretty much no risk. You might be exposed though, so as long as you're okay with that.I'm no bigwig on WUS but I'm happy to help out (PM him or whatever) if you need. I have a lot of references on WUS having sold a lot of watches there.
Quick question guys... What do you guys think of a nicely-finished steel Perpetual Calendar at 11,800 USD, and a platinum one at 17,700 USD (complete with gold rotor)? Sweet price?