or Connect

Posts by kirbya

A picture from the NYC x SF Trunk Show
Virtual Style Forum Trunk Show for those Who Can't Make it to New York I am excited to be in New York this weekend for the StyleForum x NYC Trunk Show. I know that many of you guys can't be here but wish you could. So, instead of leaving you guys out, I'm launching a "Virtual Trunk Show" on The Hanger Project's affiliate thread today and tomorrow. I'll be posting pictures and videos from the event here on this thread. In addition, I'll be offering tomorrow: A 15%...
Don't forget about these knits. Special promotions tomorrow at the SFxNYC Trunk Show. For those that can't make it, check out our Affiliate Thread.
Virtual Style Forum Trunk Show for those Who Can't Make it to New York I am excited to be in New York this weekend for the StyleForum x NYC Trunk Show. I know that many of you guys can't be here but wish you could. So, instead of leaving you guys out, I'm launching a "Virtual Trunk Show" here on my affiliate thread today and tomorrow. I'll be posting pictures and videos from the event here on this thread. In addition, I'll be offering tomorrow: A 15% Trunk Show...
Sorry, I'm seeing that I was not clear.Apply the polish with a chamois.Use a stiff-bristled dauber to remove any polish that may have gotten into the holes.
JimmyHoffa has a point here. When polishing shoes with brouging, I start on a smooth area without holes to lighten the polish (it always starts off thick regardless of how careful you are) before moving onto more sensitive areas. I also use the tin of my polish jar as a pallet, daubing the polish there to help further control the amount applied to the chamois.
This is part an unavoidable consequence. If you polish any shoe with brouging, it's almost impossible to not get polish into the holes. I think that the trick is to go light on the polish around these areas and then to use a stiff-bristled dauber to really work the stuff out of the holes. And then, if you still need more help, a toothpick. I looked into having toothpicks made that were designed for this particular purpose, but had trouble finding a manufacturer that would...
David -I'll have to look into this for you. I have used a toothpick in the past to scrape polish out of the brouging holes... but that can be a pain. How do you apply your polish? With a brush or chamois? With a chamois, you would have a greater capacity to control the amount of polish that you apply. Also, a stiffer bristle polishing brush or dauber (with pig hair) would also allow you to get into these holes to brush the polish out.As for the stitching, I've "heard" of a...
pocketsquareguy - they have such a fantastic hand. And the simple weave with subtle contrasting threads creates an incredibly versatile tie - similar in versatility to a grenadine, in my opinion. We'll miss you in New York but I'll see you in San Francisco for Wingtip's Frank Sanatra party. My wife and I will be coming in for it.