or Connect

Posts by kirbya

David -I'll have to look into this for you. I have used a toothpick in the past to scrape polish out of the brouging holes... but that can be a pain. How do you apply your polish? With a brush or chamois? With a chamois, you would have a greater capacity to control the amount of polish that you apply. Also, a stiffer bristle polishing brush or dauber (with pig hair) would also allow you to get into these holes to brush the polish out.As for the stitching, I've "heard" of a...
pocketsquareguy - they have such a fantastic hand. And the simple weave with subtle contrasting threads creates an incredibly versatile tie - similar in versatility to a grenadine, in my opinion. We'll miss you in New York but I'll see you in San Francisco for Wingtip's Frank Sanatra party. My wife and I will be coming in for it.
...if you could just get a penny for each post, you'd have quite a weekend!
How could you possibly post any more than you already have??
+1 on that. Gorge is super low. From where did you purchase the jacket?
Always an event like this at The Hanger Project. But if you want to meet up for a cigar and scotch, let me know.And for today:Drapers Cashmere Gun Club JacketNew Cruciani Cashmere Knit Polo (from Italy - new items; "testing" this one)3x1 bespoke jeans with some denim from ItalyBlack Gravati Shoes circa 2006 (purchased from Ron Rider back when he was at Francos)Medium Grey 100% Wool Palatino Socks (from Hanger Project)Almost forgot: Blue Simonnot Godard Pocket Square (also...
My opinion on black and brown shoes is that if you are having something made (these were MTO), you should spent the $$ on something that you couldn't buy RTW. And how many black shoes does a man really need? Three? Same with brown. I have plenty of brown shoes. If I am going to purchase any additional shoes, I have decided that they must be more interesting.Also had a pair of burgundy GG shoes made that are just stunning.Thanks. Yeah, luckily I get to wear whatever I want...
The polish is going to look lighter on a white background, but it gives a good ideas of the relative color differences. Mahogany is darker, but this shows the difference in color vs. burgundy, cognac, and the other browns. The Burgundy is also much darker than shown, but, again, this is for illustration.
You're probably right. Couldn't find my notes. As Ravi Tailor (my tailor - he's was raised in Indian, so his surname literally came from his family's professional tradition) told me, these were the original business suits in London. The pinstripe suit devolved from this into something, at the time, relatively less formal.A pair of Gaziano Westbury shoes in black. Although I hated to order a pair of black shoes, I figured that I needed at least one really, really nice pair...
Fantastic thread. Can't believe I'm only now discovering this. Another great example of why I love Styleforum.