Posts by kirbya

Shoe Shine Sunday: Part II After cleaning the Grensons with the Saphir Leather Cleaner, you can see how much darker they are because they are wet. After the shoes have dried, you can see how dehydrated the leather is after cleaning with the Saphir Leather Conditioner. They look terrible. Completely dry. Water breaks down the oils and waxes in the leather, leaving it dry. If the leather is flexed repeatedly while it is dry, the leather can crack. It is essential to...
Shoe Shine Sunday #2 Welcome to Shoe Shine Sundays! As always, join us every Sunday for some shoe love. Post a picture of yourself shining your shoes and enter to win one of two pairs of our Palatino 830 Superfine Over the Calf Cotton Socks! This Sunday, I'm going to shine one of my first pairs of nice shoes: a pair of Genson Handgrades that I purchased from the forum in college! I just had them resoled by B. Nelson's and they're overdue for some shoe love. Here you...
P.S. For the ladies in your life, we just launched our new Runway Collection of Luxury Women's Hangers. It seems like it's taken forever to get these right, but I feel like we've nailed it. This is the most comprehensive collection of luxury wooden hangers for women in the world. A collection of three distinct profiles, each available in two sizes and with three bottom hardware configurations.... for a total of 36 unique hangers! A testament to the complexities of the...
The Clip Hangers are definitely sturdy enough to work with denim (even cotton or linen). However, I would recommend the Clamping Trouser Hanger over the Clip Hanger for proper trousers. The Clips are fine for denim - no risk of damage. However, on finer suiting, they could leave indentations. The Clamping Trouser Hanger doesn't have this problem at all.The overall purpose of each hanger is the same - to hang trousers upside down by the cuff.P.S. Don't forget about Shoe...
Nice! Do you use the Saphir Renovating Repair Cream for the Edge Dressing?
You used Navy on these shoes?? The brown ones?
I REALLY enjoy using Navy Wax Polish on black shoes. I use Black Wax on the entire shoe and then the Navy Wax on the toe box. Adds a nice "midnight blue" touch. Only noticeable in direct sunlight, and even then it only glimmers...
Come join The Hanger Project for Shoe Shine Sundays! I will be virtually hosting this shoe shine event every Sunday! Upload a photograph of yourself shining a pair of shoes to The Hanger Project Affiliate Thread or to our Facebook Page and receive a special promotional offer good towards your next purchase! Happy Shining!
Introducing Shoe Shine Sundays from The Hanger Project Come join The Hanger Project for Shoe Shine Sundays! I will be virtually hosting this shoe shine event every Sunday! Upload a photograph of yourself shining a pair of shoes to The Hanger Project Affiliate Thread or to our Facebook Page and receive a special promotional offer good towards your next purchase! I will also be online available to answer questions about how to deliver the best shoe shine results with our...
The clamping trouser hanger is designed to hang garments at the cuff, vertically upside-down. The weight of the trouser seat gently "pulls" wrinkles out. I use the Clamping Trouser Hanger for most of my trousers, but definitely all of my linen ones.