or Connect

Posts by kirbya

What do you gentlemen think of this watch? A 1990's Audemars Piguet GMT w/ Power Reserve and Date Indicator. I enjoy this classic design. My only condern is with Audemars... the brand has edged outside the of the mainstream lately. However, but $11,000 I think it could be a beautiful addition and a great watch for travel.
My initiation post... Drapers Cashmere / Silk Gun Club Fabric, Wingtip MTM - A little tight in the chest - Sleeve length needs a little work Cego White Shirt Stark & Sons Navy Genadine Raleigh Denim Jeans Chocolate Suede Alfred Sargent Captoes Navy Cashmere Palatino OTC Socks (product development )
Looks like Ami forgot half of his collar again...
This Sunday's Shoe Shine Sunday started a little bit late for me... sorry. But, nevertheless, I am taking a little bit of time to give my shoes some love. This Sunday for #ShoeShineSunday I'm cleaning the soles of my favorite Rider Boots. After a lot of wear, I find that they have become slick, no longer offering much tracking on smooth surfaces. The soles do not need to be replaced. Just cleaned. I thought I had written a tutorial on how to clean the soles of leather...
Preferably also with a scotch in your hand smoking a cigar. But if you don't have your wife there with you, a before and after picture of your shoes is just fine. Also - doesn't have to be Saphir, but of course, would certainly prefer it to be!This week for Shoe Shine Sunday, we'll be giving away Two Sets of of our Luxury Suit Hangers. Winners chosen at random.
I've had an opportunity to spend some time with Ami in his new space and see it evolve over the past few months. It's phenomenal -- especially the Club. You guys will find yourselves in heaven. Make sure to bring a stick of your favorite cigar, because they have a full smoking lounge on the top floor. I'll be there February 21 for the Dormeuil trunk show and will be hosting a similar gather for Hanger Project customers that same evening.
Every Sunday we'll be giving something away to those that post pictures of them shining their shoes... this last Sunday, as stated in the Shoe Shine Sunday post, it was two pairs of Palatino Socks.
Thanks, lhuynh! Since you were the only one that participated, you just won two pairs of our Palatino Socks! I just PM'ed a $70 Gift Certificate to you. Thanks for participating!Cheers,Kirby
Shoe Shine Sunday: Part II After cleaning the Grensons with the Saphir Leather Cleaner, you can see how much darker they are because they are wet. After the shoes have dried, you can see how dehydrated the leather is after cleaning with the Saphir Leather Conditioner. They look terrible. Completely dry. Water breaks down the oils and waxes in the leather, leaving it dry. If the leather is flexed repeatedly while it is dry, the leather can crack. It is essential to...
Shoe Shine Sunday #2 Welcome to Shoe Shine Sundays! As always, join us every Sunday for some shoe love. Post a picture of yourself shining your shoes and enter to win one of two pairs of our Palatino 830 Superfine Over the Calf Cotton Socks! This Sunday, I'm going to shine one of my first pairs of nice shoes: a pair of Genson Handgrades that I purchased from the forum in college! I just had them resoled by B. Nelson's and they're overdue for some shoe love. Here you...