or Connect

Posts by kirbya

Some pictures of our new Merola gloves: We now have over 25 different styles of Merola gloves available through The Hanger Project! The unlined nappa leather golf and shooting gloves are absolutely incredible. Probably the most comfortable of them all. And it's nice to finally add some warm cashmere-lined gloves just in time for the cold weather we are expecting here in Texas...
That's a good way to put it. The Yak Hair brush is much more dense than the polishing mitt. You can really get into the shoe with the Yak Hair to buff it. All this is on the margin, but it's a nice finishing and refinishing brush. We'll post a video in next week's Shoe Shine Sunday. Maybe we'll raffle away a Yak Hair brush to those that PARTICIPATE next week!This Sunday, @gothamred is going to post a Shoe Shine Sunday bout mirror finishing.The Canada program is fulfilled...
We have six pairs of the non-monogrammed slippers that are ready to ship. Not sure where yours fall. Monogrammed ones won't be ready until late January, and it seems that the navy cashmere fabric is out of stock, so we're having to have more woven. Send me an email or PM and I'll get you a full update.If anyone else wants in, we can work you into the production, but delivery might just be a little late.
...on the list of things to film...I'll see if I can get Gotham to do it this weekend.
Shipping to Australia is a bitch - I agree - and we have really, really good FedEx rates. We've stopped shipping USPS because (1) FedEx in some cases is actually cheaper, (2) USPS was losing stuff all the time, and (3) the unpredictability of USPS transit times were really upsetting customers. As an online merchant, we receive 100% of the blame and anger when our shipping providers don't deliver. We are also 100% responsible for merchandise that is lost in transit or...
Well, if for $3 you are shopping somewhere else, I would exactly say that you are "supporting ASW affiliates." The challenge for me, as someone who earns his living selling this stuff, is that the economics become very difficult when StyleForum members are offered 10% Off and Free Shipping on items that don't cost much. For just $40 of polish, I'm essentially losing money offering 10% off and Free FedEx shipping.I really try to be reasonable with our shipping. Just...
What are you guys talking about? We have FREE SHIPPING on any shoe care order over $75 and FREE SHIPPING on al orders over $125. We changed this exactly because of that feedback. We also have flat rate shipping. One item is just $7. Everything shipped via FedEx. We ditched USPS because of lost packages and high breakage. When shit breaks, customer doesn't bear that cost. We do. So we made a business decision earlier this year to abandon USPS because reships were super...
Gentlemen - I’m excited to announce, as many here have suspected, that last month The Hanger Project acquired A Suitable Wardrobe. Like many people on this forum, I grew up reading and was educated by Will Boehlke’s writing at A Suitable Wardrobe. When he launched the ASW web store, I was always in amazement at his taste level and capacity to seek out the highest-quality makers. And to be able to continue the legacy of ASW is a huge honor for me. An important element of...
Ever wondered how our Yak Hair Brushes stand up next to other brushes? At the request of a customer, here is a short video showing why this is the best finishing brush.
Planning a sartorial discovery trip to Chicago with a good friend of mine. Any suggestions? Below is what we've put together already: Suits - Chris Despos Hats - Optimo Leather Goods - Horween Shirts - Joe Hemrajani (he'll be visiting) Leather Goods - Brandi Devers Wet Shaving - Merz Apothecary Pharmacy