or Connect

Posts by kirbya

The polish is going to look lighter on a white background, but it gives a good ideas of the relative color differences. Mahogany is darker, but this shows the difference in color vs. burgundy, cognac, and the other browns. The Burgundy is also much darker than shown, but, again, this is for illustration.
You're probably right. Couldn't find my notes. As Ravi Tailor (my tailor - he's was raised in Indian, so his surname literally came from his family's professional tradition) told me, these were the original business suits in London. The pinstripe suit devolved from this into something, at the time, relatively less formal.A pair of Gaziano Westbury shoes in black. Although I hated to order a pair of black shoes, I figured that I needed at least one really, really nice pair...
Fantastic thread. Can't believe I'm only now discovering this. Another great example of why I love Styleforum.
Burgundy would probably be too light. Might help fill in the background should there be any scuffing. Otherwise, those are super dark shoes! check out the below comparison of the different Saphir colors:
Just received my new "business" suit from Anthony Hewitt in London.
Been meaning to post this forever. Recently received a pair of MTO Carmina boots with cordovan uppers. Beautiful. They came with the shoelaces tied in a special knot. Anyone know how to tie laces like this??
Ah, the age-old debate. I've been pulled into this debate before with friends. It's impossible to even compare a $90 pair of shoes to something nicer on a purely utilitarian basis because everyone places a different "value" on how they look. I, personally, would never be caught dead with a pair of bozo clown shoes, which is what most $90 pairs look like. I can't get over how uninspired and gigantic your average $90 pair of shoes are!
Another CEDES item: Daily Variable Cufflink Set. Rather innovative. Set includes two blank barbells that can be outfitted with replaceable stone cylinders, essentially creating infinite number of combinations.
And for those that have to have order everywhere in their lives, I present to you our CEDES Toothpaste Squeezer. I couldn't pass carrying this when a customer special-ordered it. We have three in-stock. Although it is not highly publicized, CEDES is run by Mauro Lorenzi, of the famous G. Lorenzi family. Their small Milanese boutique has been creating some of the most fantastic men's accessories out of horn, tusks, and antlers for the better part of a century. Rumor...
Hanger Project is all boxed up and headed to New York... looking forward to seeing everyone. We'll have a small assortment of our products. Some hangers for everyone to try on for size, Inis Meain Sweaters, our remaining Smedley Dartmoor Polos, some Drake's London ties and scarves, and other surprises.