or Connect

Posts by jon5986

I like Paul Smith. They make a beautiful sock!
This is a very tacky post. I am surprised Tony or Dean would post something like this! You would never see Lobb or Cleverley doing this type of post, or blogging like this! I know I am new to this website, but feel this should be for customers only! Best, Jon
bad idea. not great looking......
I was surfing the Cleverley website and it mentions that they are going to be in Tokyo, Japan doing trunk shows between the 5th Feb and the 9th Feb...... Thought I would share that with the group.......
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuff said Loake 290. Not quite as elegant but a reasonable approximation for the price. These are from: theshopforshoes.com, but I am sure there are plenty of other online sellers. These are nice.....
Where he has worked over the years........
Quote: Originally Posted by the.chikor Who said anything about George making a trip? Thanks for the pedantrics. You said you had coffee with him?? No? Your post before says you emailed the company, then you mention you had coffee with him today. I presume if that's the case he is doing a trunk show or something? Unless you are based in London?
Quote: Originally Posted by the.chikor I just got back from meeting with George for coffee this morning. He looked at them, was shocked, very appologetic and took the shoes from me to repair.-And he isn't going to charge me for the repairs or shipping as other makers I have experienced do. It is not a huge detriment, it is just that when you spend this kind of money on shoes, you do not expect such an amatuer defect. I guess, it is just disappointing,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 I don't think what happened here is unique to Cleverley.. Recently another forum member sent me a PM with pics of their recent MTO purchase from a competitor. The stitching on the shoe was unacceptable to him and I concurred, thus he contacted the competitor who apologized and agreed to quickly redo the specific boot...and provide other accomodations Had the company owners reviewed the boot personally before...