or Connect

Posts by Flursheim

I bought this size 10.5E (UK) pair last month at Sky Valet in DC. I used it once and decided it's not for me. So my lost is hopefully someone else's gain. I paid $550 (plus tax) for it and as you will see from the photos, it's in brand new condition. I will charge $15 to ship these USPS Priority Mail in CONUS and if it's OCONUS I would have to revert with a cost once I get more info from you. Local pick-ups are welcome (I'm in northern VA) Please fee free should you have...
Gents, what's the current price on on these? Am looking to buy some fabric from the Summer and Tropical (Kibou311) Amadeus books and just wanna make sure I'm paying fair prices for it. Thanks. Helm
ACF, I'm a little surprised that you are carrying all that on your person. Granted I'm not a PI but can't the 'second line' items be in some sorta go-bag? Understandably there are way too many go-bags that scream gun, etc but there are a few out there that no one would take a second glance at. I also understand that all the above are tools of your trade but man, 35 pounds of it? Once again I have no experience in your field but for what it's worth and my personal past...
Great stuff guys. And Hayward, cool that you brought Soldier Systems up. Eric (owner) is a great guy and friend. Thanks again for all the info guys. You guys sound like you travel as often as I do and are looking for a simpler and more effective solution. Helm
Edmorel, unfortunately I would have to respectfully disagree. I can only assume that in some scenarios or industry this might hold true but not with what we're doing here. I have born witness to 2 similar initiatives in the past where the first lead to the product being purchased by the US government itself. That product still continues to be a top seller for my company 10 years after it was initiated. In both instances I turned to the 'end users' for ideas and advice and...
@ Hans - same problem here, never found a bag that had a pocket suitable enough for the headsets. I guess this and the umbrella pocket has to be looked into, which I will. @ Vladimir - Roger that. Just thot that you might be alluding to a low profile pocket like the one found on Arcteryx's Blade series bags. They have one pocket large enough for papers, passport, etc that is right behind the small of your back. @ Cary - Because I have specific price points that I'm...
@ Hayward - are you talking about Arcteryx's Blade series of bags? I have the Blade 30 and like it very much. I do see room for some improvement though. I don't think they have anything else that falls in that category 'cos most of their stuff is still backpacks. Btw, not sure if you heard about it but a number of the original guys have left the company. Not sure what's going to happen next. @ Vladimir - thanks for the info bro. Question - just curios why a 'barely...
Hi Hans, Thanks for sharing. Your travel requirements sounds similar to mine and to that I have to add space for the Bose headsets and another small custom wallet to hold all those SIM cards I carry. I'm working on a new holdall with a removable iPad/tablet sleeve and a clear TSA compliant toiletry kit. The inspiration comes from an older Valextra holdall I once saw except that it will not be in leather. Ref the CCW - agreed that it would useless in a bag but some of us...
Moderator, hope this an acceptable thread, otherwise please move or remove. Hey guys,  After years of designing and producing bags for other companies, I've been contemplating for awhile about starting my own line. Looking at more casual bags but the problem is there are so many out there so I thought it best to go to the experts and see what you guys are carrying, looking for, etc. I've been reading some of the threads here,  the new look book, etc and I see a good...
Like Svenn, I've had several positive experiences with Narin Couture. I've had several suits and shirts done with him. You need at least a week there for him to slot in the 3 fittings or so for suits. Shirts are easy, once you get one done he'll be able to get the rest done based on the first. Shirt wise he's got a pretty good selection. I prefer herringbones, ginghams, twills, etc and he's got enough of those. Average cost has been $65 each and sure beats the shirts that...