or Connect

Posts by eczerwonka

Agreed. Jay was great before I placed an order but he has been even better when I needed to exchange the pants I ordered due to my errors in measuring. He was very patient with my questioning and very knowledgeable (if I had taken his advice I wouldn't have had to exchange my order.) I can't say enough good things about the guy and this was just one order.
I misunderstood. I headed to the LBV "Factory" stores and found they didn't even have an RL shop... durrr. Headed over the the other store where I've seen RRL quite a bit and they had quite a few jeans, some vests, lots of plain t's and polos and a few shirts at at 75% off the sale prices. I picked up and blue selvage oxford for $32. Not a bad shirt but retail was $180???? Ouch, my wife thought it mislabeled
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyfingers I work with a guy at Polo that is headed down to the LBV outlet store outside of Orlando. I believe this is the biggest Polo outlet with whole walls of PSR or RRL and PL. Needless to say, I am giving him some money. Last guy that went down there, was able to pick up 3 pairs of RRL chains in his size all for less than 20 dollars a piece. I usually hit the 2 bigger premium outlet malls here in Orlando...
Quote: Originally Posted by lesamourai Do these fare well at all during the spring/summer? I wore them everyday last summer to ride my motocycle to work. The toebox is pretty big allowing your toes room to breathe. I also felt like the cork soles diffused some of the blistering heat on the Florida pavements as well as giving really good traction in wet weather. I really thought they worked pretty well in really hot weather, but I only wore...
Quote: Originally Posted by El Argentino How do you enter? Was looking through the website this morning but didn't see anything that stood out like that. http://jcrewholidaysolution.urbandaddy.com/ This was the link I was emailed.
Helluva shirt. I'm actually glad the mediums sold out as it got me to get off the fence and get a large which was the right choice considering how slim these run. It was pretty long in both body and sleeve, the sleeves comically long, but with a long hot soak and a tumble dry (in an old laundry bag) it shrank up nicely without losing much indigo. The sleeves are still way too long to wear without cuffing but the body is ok. For the body, I'm glad I sized up as I...
Quote: Originally Posted by ArliHawk` You could also take them to the local Red Wing place, which will send it into be repaired. Actually they won't. The Redwing shops here have a resole catalog they use and the "heritage collection" isn't in it for resole styles. The only thing close was the iron ranger soles. The Beckman soles weren't offered as I really wanted to resole my 2970s to have them.
Quote: Originally Posted by racknac and i ordered a medium DOH!!! Looking at the numbers on the site and measuring a shirt I almost live in, the chest on the large was spot on so I figured the length and sleeves could be worked on. I always roll my sleeves as well so I'm not too worried but the length might get me. Thanks for the replys, really appreciate it
Quote: Originally Posted by racknac its too long both in body and arm length. Everything i've read points to sizing TTS, but I would probably size down and then hot soak it. I'll probably have to get it tailored down in the arms and length. I'm 5'11" 175 with longer arms and narrower shoulders so probably a medium would have been best but I bought this to wear as an overshirt for the winter and to wear much looser the rest of the year as I...
Quote: Originally Posted by racknac i've hot soaked it twice and its still too big... the sleeves are insanely long. Gonna hot soak one more time and then stick it in the dryer. When you say "too big" do you mean the measurements are way off the ones on the site? Can you measure the shirt now and post where it's at now after the soaks? Anyone with a large feel like posting measurements? I should have one coming soon but the sleeve length...