or Connect

Posts by Nomad_K

Quote: Originally Posted by lizmasc You were probably overtraining if you were lifting 5 times a week, meaning the body wasn't resting enough to show any real strength. Now doing some of the bodyweight exercices in class (less taxing) for 3 days a week seems to be the amount of effort your body can cope with You found what works for you - if you enjoy it and feel great you can ask for little more. My only caveat with Muay Thai in the west is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 Really seems like your just asking for bad things to happen. Quite true. I know people who have done this after a boys night out and roughly half the time someone ended up with a nice clean break. Better than a compound fracture, but not an ideal way to train or end an evening. If a friend wants to train - I take or send them to a gym or suitable training group.
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles +1. The nature of online chatting is to be cursory and superficial for the most part. And as such, it is totally fine to chat with multiple people at once. Thank you both for the thoughts! I wholeheartedly agree that some things are best discussed in person. That said some younger friends actually seem more comfortable chatting online than talking on the phone or in person about some things, hence...
Quote: Originally Posted by MilanoStyle I have GF and when I see hotter chicks (when I'm with or w/o her), it kills me by not being able to do anything about it. Do you married guys get this kind of feelings? If so, how do you cope it? I got into a lot of trouble for this - I was younger and not with the right person. Now - a little wiser and with an amazing woman - I still notice nice looking girls, as does my better half, but I don't...
While not a financial expert, my friends who have been through one or two downtimes recomend 6 months or more. Having a little extra liquidity isn't going to be the end of your financial portfolio, especially right now.
Good day everyone, I wanted to inquire as to current etiquette when chatting online with friends, partners, family, et al. A recent discussion - in person thankfully - with a group of friends ended with limited consensus on the appropriateness of chatting with a few people (bouncing back and forth between chats, the odd delay here or there) in different situations. When just catching up on random events, everyone seemed to feel that chatting with a few people was a...
Be it clever marketing or a stream of concisousness... who can say for sure? When looking at the math and margins on full retail versus deeply discounted products, I can certainly understand the desire to cater to one's customers who pick up newer products at higher prices. The outright disdain for anyone else does not come accross as very well though. Personally when I do splash out for luxury be it on clothes or other goods - I like to support companies that display...
Quote: Originally Posted by misterjase With clothes it is best to try before buy so maybe the sale of clothes via catologues is not worth the risk - but this does not excuse the shit put forward. I am often astonished with the dress sense (lack thereof) of business people in the CBD. I think the standard has improved a little with suits, shirts, ties - but not with shoes. The situation is dire on the retailer front (what is presented) and consumer...
I rediscovered Styleforums very late in 2008 and realized that I had a great deal to learn! My rough plan for 2009 - expand the quality of my business & formal wardrobe with a small indulgence (anyone have a nice Brioni in a 38R?) and some bespoke pieces produced under the watchful eye of a friend here in Bangkok. At the same time I have gotten back into the gym and hope to regain some college form and if that goes well I will have to pick up a few more things later in...
There used to be a fantastic tailor at the Paris/East/Parliament end of Lt Collins - I will see if I can dig out the name and address. Major stors have already been mentioned. The Ralph Lauren/Polo shop on Collins was one of my favourite stores in Melbourne as well - fantastic staff when I was there. As for restaraunts and cocktail bars - tecks gave you some great ideas. I would also try: Harry Canary Canary Lounge Golden Monkey Bamboo Bar The cigar lounge...