or Connect

Posts by Nomad_K

You're not being a baby - sensible and considerate question. If you aren't feeling too bad and can get the coughing under control you may enjoy a good run or round on some cardio equipment - cover your mouth, sweat the cold out, and kindly wipe down the equipment when you're done. Viruses and bacteria don't always do well with heat, hense the reason your body develops a fever when you're sick - that is one of your body's many responses to fighting off an infection....
Quote: Originally Posted by lynchpatrickj Doesn't your body respond differently in terms of storing fat depending on the exercise you do all the time? I know when I ran and ate lean I still retained fat, but when I lifted I looked leaner. That might not be the norm BUT stranger things have happened. Train with a sport (s) that you enjoy, stay healthy, and don't worry about how you're abs look so long as they are in good shape. Back to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by thetieguy It is a good vodka but not great. A lot of people think it is the best vodka in the world, but I would rather drink Chopin. The Goose and Belvedere are probably the most recognized names in vodka. Goose = great marketing. Chopin = great vodka.
Hi Chris, Send me a PM and I will try to get back to you with the name of another tailor or two. Now onto your questions. 1. From friends who have ordered online vs those who visited tailors in Thailand, I think that you will get better service if you visit a shop in person on your trip - the fit will be better and your tailor will have a face to put to a name and vice a versa. This makes a difference on a number of levels. 2. No experience with the company,...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter I think one of the biggest issues of being a gentleman is how you die. being a gentleman is about controling your emotions and controling your actions so that they aren't influenced by your base emotions so that you do what is right, and not what would make you comfortable at that specific point in time. death is something that creates a lot of emotions - mostly fear. controling the way you die is a key element to...
Quote: Originally Posted by FIHTies Inaugural suit or no, Hartmarx in trouble But, company stock has dropped from $3 to 27 cents since September. The company has $172 million in debts and a market capitalization of $9 million, the Sun-Times said. I really like some of my HSM suits and would be sad to see them fold but the debt to capitalization sounds like very bad news. Is there a real chance for them to recover from that?
Quote: Originally Posted by m@T Ive been there maybe 7 or 8 times...and no, not a training trip. Fell for the ringside thing once, other times, in the back with the screaming and the gambling. I wish I knew some place a little more 'underground' to go watch the fights....me and Bangkok have reached an impasse like that. All the stuff I know, Ive done to death...don't really have any friends there to take me to the next level. Anyhow, a week in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley Here is one - others are not particularly unique as most tailors have access to the Lear Dunsford book: Another interesting look - I am hoping to find ideas and inspiration ahead of commissioning a suit or two next month. Thank you for the quick update!
Quote: Originally Posted by m@T I'm off to Thailand on Thursday night actually. Woohoo...Lumpini You will have a great time in Thailand! Are you going specifically to train? If so let me know where you are headed. Also, have you read up on farang visits to Lumpini? You will find mixed reactions but I'd say it is worth a visit - once.
Are there any pictures of interesting or unique linings that the membership would like to share?