or Connect

Posts by Nomad_K

Glad to hear that the service and rememberance went well ... I went to similar albeit much smaller affair back home recently, and while it was sad to realize a friend was gone, it was amazing to see how many great things he had built up during his lifetime. As to more mundane things, the cars are beautiful. Did he manage to add a Delahaye or Type 57to the collection at some stage?
Thank you all yet again for the additional suggestions. I tried a Samsung NC20 with one of the programs I use a bit. It ran, but slower than I would like. Tokyo Slim - I almost picked up the Acer Timeline, but I needed a new computer pre-Windows 7, hence ending up with the current MBP. Asus - has a pretty good reputation in the area yet only a limited range is locally available at the moment. The Thinkpad looks more and more tempting...
Hi everyone, thank you for the thoughts. I will definitely be looking at Windows 7, and I am going to look at a few Lenovos tonight or tomorrow. Mac/Apple continues to impress. They returned my laptop in a day, having reinstalled the OS because they 'weren't sure what was wrong.' Now, I have: - no sound; - Numbers crashes on command; - iTunes does not recognize my library which was 'created with a newer version of itunes' - updating iTunes (after uninstall and...
After less than two months my wonderful piece of 'superior technology' as the Apple faithful call it crashed, overheated after a restart, and then turned itself into an expensive paper weight. Apple is currently 'looking into it' so I am currently 'looking into alternatives.' I have a Dell laptop and desktop for the day job but I need something a bit more powerful than a netbook for home and consulting on occasion. Based on the following, can any computer experts...
I have had good luck with an inexpensive pair of Panasonics. Several friends like Skull Candy's earbuds and I have a pair that I can't complain about.
Hey man, Enjoy having a mild case - there are a quite a few people who get a mild infection and no worries after that. Some people catch it and feel like... well... fill in your favorite expletive.
Quote: Originally Posted by Baron A friend of mine is an ER Dr. in the Washington DC area. He had a patient die in his clinic of H1N1 last week. Healthy male, mid 30's. He also says he's never seen so many bad flu cases this early in the season in almost 20 years of practice. Its a very different strain, so we will see quite an increase in cases this fall/winter. Deaths in healthy patients - some effects from what is called a cytokine storm...
We're entering the beginning of the traditional flu season AND we have a very unique flu strain circulating. Those two things are more likely the culprit than your routine. As for overtraining - overtraining can dampen your immune system BUT your routine doesn't look too bad. Do you have a break every three or four days, or do you go five days in a row? Try to do 3 days on and then a day off. Strenuous exercise can make you a little more susceptible to infection for a...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS + a trillion. If you are like me however and have trouble gaining weight, it's going to be a much harder uphill battle. Varying your routine is one key - mixing in different exercises or even changing the order up a bit can help. That said, as another person who doesn't put on weight very quickly, it can take time.
Have many people here on SF been skydiving? Can anyone share some stories about how exciting your first dive was or wasn't? After hearing a bit about the first few dives (tandem jumps, just along for the ride) I am not as fired up as I thought I would be. Has anyone started with an AFF versus a tandem?