or Connect

Posts by Nomad_K

Small electric tankless water heaters are quite common around Asia (Thailand, Malaysia etc) and work reasonably well. Tankless heaters are supposed to be more efficient... and the electric one's here are not expensive. You do have the occasional quick run of cool water (not a big deal in Asia, maybe less exciting in colder regions) but I hardly notice that anymore. Gas fired tankless heaters in the US are more expensive than a traditional unit, so I am not sure how long...
Quote: Originally Posted by George I owned a S2000, traded my M3 in for one and I have to say the S2000 is a very tiring drive, the engine simply doesn't produce enough torque, the handling isn't that good when compared with other European marques either. However, I have to say it's beautifully constructed car and very reliable considering it's highly stressed engine. George, did you have an AP1 or AP2 S2000? Even the 2004 onwards S2000 has...
Sad news... the 159 - while developed from a Fiat-Opel collaboration - is a great car. The new Mito provides a very exciting drive for very little money. The 166/169 segment has never been an Alfa Romeo mainstay while the small coupe and sedan market have been - for decades. I do hope something will work out (not a 169 based on a Chrysler). However, if Alfa Romeo does close its doors, I hope they do so with a stunning 8C finale.
From one engineer to another - very few in the field spend time thinking about office attire. Of those, a fair number pick out crazy garb to keep jokes about our collective sense of style grounded in reality, so I wouldn't worry too much. If you are going to spend a fair bit of time doing hands on work (important during internships and a requirement in grad school ) I would dress presentably of course, however, don't wear anything into a lab/machine room/facility in the...
McLaren looks great - the Mercedes - took inspiration from one of the most beautiful and well engineered sports cars of all time and ... made a car I do not find very appealing as of yet.
Quote: Originally Posted by yfyf Do not want netbook :| I already carry a laptop, Thinkpad T400s (the thin and light one), that goes about 6 hours on two batteries but I need those hours for actual work. The PMP is for play. I fly pretty regularly to the UK or USA from Asia and those flights are around 12-16 hours. I used to be satisfied with just music but now I demand more entertainment! Also, if you have the money to spare and you want a thin,...
A good car, made less exciting by the scarcity of parts and lack of the turbo option in the US (Europe had them and with a few components from the RS engine of the time, they morphed into a rocket).
Good question - I recently helped a friend looking for a fun 10-15K car. There are plenty of great cars available in the US at this price. Personal favorites? Early (AP1) Honda S2000 - quick, handles like a dream, well built, not going to break the bank. 1993 - RX7 (FD3S) - quick as greased goose you know what, timeless design (second only to the NSX in the Japanese Sports/Supercar race when it comes to looks imho) but not a good car to jump into without a good rotary...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fobulush I tried Chopin a while back. Can't say I really liked it all too much. It goes down smoothly, but has an unpleasantly burny aftertaste. I'd rank it slightly below Ketel. Grey Goose is terribly overrated. My pecking order is still Belvedere > Tito's Handmade > Ketel =~ Chopin > Grey Goose. I have to agree with you about Grey Goose. I am a Chopin fan and I also like Stolichnaya Elit. The Elit may...
For a 'sports car' in the classic 2-door cabriolet sense, S2000. For a day to day driver... torque reigns supreme so I would go with the 350 or especially the new 370Z.