or Connect

Posts by Nomad_K

I have not owned a Saab, family and friends have over the years. Great handling, excellent 'road feel' and in some of the earlier models (especially the 900 and 9000) had outstanding visibility (900) and packaging (9000). The 9000 had a cavernous interior despite its 'midsize' external dimensions.
Quote: Originally Posted by Acéphale I am merely not a fan because you could fly business on United with the lie-flat seats for 30,000 air-miles (prior to them canceling the HK-NRT route) whereas now the only alternative is a coach class seat with ANA for 40,000 air-miles. I am allowed to sulk IHOMO. I can sympathize on changes to ticketing! As I said, I just wanted to check and see why you weren't 'a fan' - I have not flown with ANA for...
Re the M5 - I have yet to have a proper (out of traffic) drive in the current M5 - but the E34 and E39 were both amazing automobiles to drive. They were truly in a different class than any other 'sporting saloon,' 'four door sports car,' or any other moniker bestowed by any other manufacturer of the era. I will give an honorable mention to the W210 E55 as it was an absolute beast of a car - I had a ride in one that embarrassed a C5 along a straight and through a few...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sherlockian Well, it's not so much of a surprise as the previous restyling, which IMHO went from the best-ever 5 (possibly best ever BMW) design to a very quirky one. A few years of seeing the Bangle designs on a daily basis has watered down what might have been a stronger reaction. I think it's a step in the right direction, in a similar way that the 997 was a step back towards what should have been after the radical...
Quote: Originally Posted by Acéphale Not a fan at all (see above). Interesting - were you not a fan of ANA business/first, economy, or were you less than impressed that they cancelled the route you frequented? ANA service in business has been top notch from my limited experience, and even their economy class service blew away anything from the States/Europe/Australia imho. Everyone can (and often does) have a different experience...
I haven't flown with Emirates, but Singapore has been providing quality service for a long time. Honorable mention goes to ANA. As for United - I have flown with them quite a bit on international and domestic routes, and found the customer service ranges from passable to pathetic. An exception - some of the younger staff on their commuter flights actually seem to like their customers, enjoy providing a quality service, and appreciate the fact that they are employed when...
Estate or Wagon - I understand both! I don't recall if there is an estate version of the current M5, but previous 5 series and Mercedes AMG E- models have had estate versions, at least in Europe.
Nature and Science are well regarded and 'ranked' in academia. Scientific American, and MIT's Technology Review are also quite good. Wired magazine has some interesting articles or 'points of view' although friends who are expert in their fields tend to whinge about the accuracy of some articles in Wired on occasion.
Please add a set of Termi's if you decide on a Ducati. Chiaroscuro - I really like the picture with the knee down and sparks up (although I don't know if I'd be as excited if I was on the bike). Quote: Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro Cayman or 911 if you can. A5 is really sweet. Although someone beat me to it heres another option that will surely get you ass and looks.
Quote: Originally Posted by George I bought it in 2003 so it would have been one of the 1st generation. I actually only drove it properly for about the 1st month or so before tiring of it and giving the keys to Mrs G. who loved it as she likes to rev things (her words). The M3 had quite a high reving engine also, can't remember the exact red line but 8000 rpm springs to mind but was very torquey and being a six cylinder engine had a good spread of...