or Connect

Posts by alex99

I have these jeans and they were borderline too tight for me too. I think it is due to their weight, being 15 ounce they just feel a bit heavy and constricting. Thankfully they have stretched enough to be more comfortable after about 10 wears. All of my RRL jeans and Khakis have shrunk after washing, and I expect these will shrink some too. It just takes about 2-3 wears after washing to stretch back out though, so I don't see it as a problem.
Does anyone know of a decent proxy for Hong Kong? There is a good selection of items from past seasons there for half off. I see they have the low straight chalk jean for half price as well, which seems odd since I thought it was a SS 2015 item.
Maybe I was not clear with what I meant. My size is small in RRL but that does not mean a small always fits me. My return rate with RRL shirts is probably around 40% (less with t-shirts). What I was trying to say is that moving up a size to a medium has never helped. Does that make sense?And yes, sizing inconsistencies drive me crazy. I am borderline on small shirts since the shoulders can be too small. I had a perfect fitting Jackson Frontier shirt from SS14, but right...
For me the sizing has been consistent. I am always a small. Once in a while, a small will fit a bit tight. When this happens I return it and move on. Sizing up doesn't help since the jump between sizes is too much. I find this to be true with shirts as well.
Is the RRL site borked? I try scrolling down in any of the sections (shirts, sweaters, etc) and the pics are cut off and you cant see all the inventory. It's like this in Chrome and IE. Anyone else see this?
Check Roden Gray, The Elder Statesman scarves are 40% off. Nice neutral colors too.
picked up these on sale:Both very nice, though the blackwash low straights are about a half size smaller than my sulfure wash low straights from SS2014. I'm really hoping they stretch a bit more. The cardigan is great. It's not super warm since it is a linen wool cotton blend, but it's comfortable and has nice details like the wood buttons.
Call Melrose back and ask. The guy I spoke with there 2 weeks ago was super helpful and told me which items I asked about would be on sale, and gave me the date (December 3). He was right on the money.
Thanks for posting that. There were a few pieces on the Japan site that I now see are "Holiday". I wonder if Holiday is the final winter collection before we start to see S/S 2015 pop up.
I just got back from the SF store. Of the 7 things I had on my list, they had 2 and neither were on sale. I asked about a few things I saw in the store and they also were not on sale. So this private sale is still very limited it seems. Will try some other stores on Friday and see if any of the other items on my list made the cut.One thing the rep told me that I did not know is that if an item is selling very well, it may not get marked down even if it is in the collection...