or Connect

Posts by Morgan

I originally preferred the LHS, and gave a pair of whiskey ones over year before acknowledging that the Van last is just miserable. I still like the way they look but prefer the C&J for RL full strap loafer.
Have you checked out the ones by Howard Yount? They're $350 but still the best deal on decent monks. There's only 7.5 left but he may do another run this fall.
The Japanese khaki chinos have the best shade of khaki I've seen and I wear the hell out of mine. These and the gunmetal chinos should be staple items to have in stock year-round.
Thanks for the input guys. The super casual suit with sneakers look was actually inspired by the j.crew catalog, not styleblogger (god forbid). This was shot Saturday afternoon, and the night included a bike ride to dinner, then to a second location for drinks, then home at the end of the night, and I was happy with the SeaVees' performance. I do agree that there's too much break, and I think this is because the shoes have no heels. I had them tailored for no break with...
[[SPOILER]]
It's a Ludlow linen 2 button jacket. Part of a suit, actually, which it looks a little too formal for the rest of the fit. I'm 5'11" and about 160 lbs, wearing a 38R.
If you need something dressier, get a balmoral shoe.
Namor, my sand suede chukkas on the Leydon last with a single oiled leather sole are great, but they seem a little dainty sometimes, especially with heavy denim and sweaters. I wanted a chunkier look in a darker color, and I find the crepe sole really, really comfortable.
Cross-post from the Alden thread, but I'm pretty stoked about these Alden for j.crew snuff suede chukkas on a crepe sole:
Been looking for snuff suede chukkas on a crepe sole for a while. Finally found them at j.crew, of all places.