or Connect

Posts by Morgan

Damn, that Veneto vest is luxurious as the dickens. It's basically Cucinelli at one-third the price.
takashi78, the LHS is onthe Van last, which just doesn't work for some folks, including me. Before I bought my first pair, I tried on at least five different sizes at Alden San Francisco (8E, 8.5D, 8.5E, 9C, 9D) before settling on an 8.5D (same as my Barrie size). The problem is that the Van last is relatively shallow when measured from sole to vamp, and the strap can be pretty tight if you have higher than average arches. I've got medium-high arches and the LHS would...
I have the same issue with my tan suede LWBs from LeatherSoul. It happened immediately, and the lines were set by the third wear. I decided it was patina and moved on.
I bought this for $475 last fall from forum member jrd617 and wore it twice. It's an excellent casual sportcoat. 91% wool, 9% cashmere, canvassed chestpiece, unstructured fit with soft shoulders and no lining. It wears more like a cardigan than a jacket. Unfortunately it's a bit too large on me. It's tagged 40R, measures out to a 39R, and I'm a straight 38R. Here are the details: - Corneliani ID - Low 3-roll-2 lapels with nice roll - Soft shoulders, high armholes,...
Sold pending payment. Used Ralph Lauren Black Label two-button grey peak lapel suit. 99% wool, 1% cashmere, tagged 40R but measures out to 39R (see exact measurements below). Trim flat front trousers with side tabs instead of belt loops. I'm offering this cheap because it's got a couple stains, show in the pictures, which aren't that noticeable when you're wearing the suit. One is on the collar, barely noticeable but I've been unable to dry clean it away. The second is...
Bought this for $475 last fall from forum member jrd617 and wore it twice. It's an excellent casual sportcoat. 91% wool, 9% cashmere, canvassed chestpiece, unstructured cut with soft shoulders and no lining. It wears more like a cardigan than a jacket. Unfortunately it's a bit too large on me. It's tagged 40R, measures out to a 39R, and I'm a straight 38R. Here are the details: - Corneliani ID - Low 3-roll-2 lapels with nice roll - Soft shoulders, high armholes,...
Selling my Alden whiskey plain toes, size 8.5 D (Barrie last), from Alden of San Francisco. They're great shoes but any time I want the pop of whiskey I reach for my longwings, so these don't get much use. There are some scuffs and dings that come with wear, and the worst ones are visible here on the right shoe. Also shown is some liner damage where on the inside of each shoe where it rubbed against my heel, but this is obviously not visible when you're wearing them....
Calceo, love the navy suede PTBs. How versatile are they? I kind of want a pair but can't figure out what they'd go with.
The Flat Head sawtooth selvedge denim shirt, purchased new at Self Edge for $255. Worn about a dozen times, never washed. Tagged size 40, measures out on the small side of medium (see below). Made with one-wash denim, so should not shrink. Great shirt, only selling because I'm finally facing up to the fact that it's too slim through the chest for me. Asking $175 > $125. SOLD Pearlescent snaps with selvedge side seam accents. Great dark denim - hanging front photo shows...
Do not use a shoulder strap. In the long run, it will put wear on the shoulder of your jacket (I destroyed a vintage leather jacket this way). Right now, it will pull your whole jacket in strange directions. I see this all the time in the airport, and it looks terrible. I have a Filson 257 and the first thing I did when I got it was remove the shoulder strap. There is no scenario I can imagine in which the bag is too heavy for me to carry in my hand, but not too heavy to...