or Connect

Posts by Morgan

Thank you for the lesson on channeled soles, bengal-stripe! As the number below the shoe size is around 21,000, these do appear to be new old stock and dried glue is the culprit. They seem to be otherwise in good shape, so I'm not too disappointed. Is it safe to assume that all the other sole layers are stitched together and will not come apart as well? I haven't walked in the shoes yet.
Edward Green Malvern in black calf on the 202 last acquired via eBay. My first pair of EGs, and I have a question about the sole. The last layer of sole material is extremely thin and appears to be separating from the shoe, especially at the waist. Is this a serious problem? The shoes are unworn and appear to be genuine, and they came with box, bags, and even a quality control tag signed by "Louise."
Bump for nice boots. If they were 8.5 I'd probably buy them.
Was the matter of J.Crew's suit construction ever settled? I know they're way better than they used to be but does the chest-piece canvas extend all the way into the lapel for a better roll? Is it stitched or fused? And how does it stack up against Brooks Brothers 1818 Fitzgerald for quality, fit, and value?
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd ask this here: I just received a pair of Edward Green shoes (Malvern, black calf, 202) that I won on eBay. This is my first pair of EGs. The tongue appears to be lightly stitched to the lining of the shoe on the instep side of the laces. I assume this is standard - do I rip it, or cut the stitches, or leave it as is, or what?
I am wearing my 3-roll-2 gray flannel TaT suit today. It's about a year old and has held up well, though the jacket gets far more wear than the trousers since it pairs well with jeans. I should have taken a pic this morning. I'm also rocking my new whiskey shell Alden plain toe bluchers, which look go great with the gray flannel.
Yes they make a difference, although I use them less to prevent creasing (which is inevitable) than to absorb moisture from the lining, which is important for a relatively impermeable material like shell, and to prevent the sole from curling up, which produces an undesirable hobo-boot effect.
AFAIK the quality of construction is exactly the same. The shell chukka is more expensive because the raw material itself is more expensive, not because the construction process is different. There are even price differences between Alden's different shell cordovan colors - black and #8 (dark burgundy) are about $550, whereas cigar and whiskey are $625, if you can find them. They're the same exact boot, but lighter colors require relatively flawless shell cordovan which...
I used to have a shortish haircut like that and Crew Fiber was perfect. Is there a specific problem you're having?
I shop online at uptontea.com, which has a huge selection and great service. Their Bond Street English breakfast tea is my everyday staple but I usually order a small quantity of something else to keep trying new flavors.