or Connect

Posts by Morgan

These reverse chamois Alden (from Winn Perry) have only been worn with denim. As you can see, there is some indigo staining where the hem of my jeans rubbed against the boots, but it's only visible in full sunlight and at eye level. On my feet, it's not noticeable at all.
Yeah, I embrace denim stains as a species of patina.
Alden snuff suede captoe boots, similar in appearance to Leffot Cooney, originally purchased as seconds from the Shoe Mart. They were probably a makeup for Moulded Shoe, and were apparently relegated to the seconds bin because of the scuff on the vamp of the right boot. I consider it patina and wore them in good health. They are on the Modified Last, which fits 1/2 size large, and is incredibly comfortable. I am a true 9D, and wear an 8.5 in the Barrie, Tru-Balance, and...
Alden snuff suede captoe boots, similar in appearance to Leffot Cooney, originally purchased as seconds from the Shoe Mart. They were probably a makeup for Moulded Shoe, and were apparently relegated to the seconds bin because of the scuff on the vamp of the right boot. I consider it patina and wore them in good health. They are on the Modified Last, which fits 1/2 size large, and is incredibly comfortable. I am a true 9D, and wear an 8.5 in the Barrie, Tru-Balance, and...
Alden tan suede chukkas, unlined, flex welt, size 9D on Leydon last. These fit true to size (I wear an 8.5D on the Barrie and 9D on the Hampton). They are used, but well cared for. Maybe too well cared for - I always used shoe trees, but they slightly stretched the suede on the outside of the heel, as seen in the photos. This appears to be a common phenomenon (see here), and isn't noticeable when wearing them. Also, there is some slight indigo color that rubbed off my...
Current favorite suede Aldens: snuff Indy for J.Crew As for snuff vs tan, I prefer snuff by far. As with Alden's shell options, suede color varies slightly from from batch to batch. Snuff can range from reddish brown to more of an olive hue. Tan, though more consistent than snuff, can range from a pale khaki to a faintly yellowish sandy color. Here's a photo of all my suede Aldens. I tried to capture the color as accurately as possible via white balance, so there's no...
January 2010: PBJ xx-005 one wash, size 31, no alterations. I'm 5'11" and 155lb. October 2014: inseam hemmed to 32" and legs tapered from knee down to 7.25" opening at hem.
FYI, jcrew.com has apparently adopted airline-style dynamic pricing. I had been repeatedly scoping out the Barbour Lowerdale quilted vest online, waiting for a sale. When I got an email about the 30% off sale this weekend, I logged on to see if it applied to items I'd added to my "wishlist" on the site. Not only did the sale not apply to Barbour, but the price of the vest had apparently increased overnight from $179 to $208. I suspected that jcrew.com was tracking how...
When viewing "recent images in this thread" (see right sidebar, near top), is there any way to sort the grid view images so that the most recent appear first? Whenever I click on that option in a thread, it displays pictures from, say, 2011, and I have to scroll down through several years of photos to see what people have been posting recently.
This is the most handsome Indy boot I've ever seen, and I've been browsing the Alden thread since 2008.