or Connect

Posts by Morgan

Because I have the day off and nothing to do, here is a rainbow of shell for your viewing pleasure. Direct sunlight is pretty harsh; for example, the cigar shell doesn't usually appear so olive, but the blazing sun revealed some green undertones. Nevertheless, this photo may help some folks get a feel for how the most common colors compare. From left to right: Alden color #8 (new) Alden color #8 (old) Alden cigar (new) C&J brown (RL Polo, old) Alden ravello...
Yeah, exact same boot. Adam at Alden of Carmel has been selling the AF53 for a while.
chakmak, if you need more data points on the AF53s from Alden of Carmel, here's my pair at about five years. As beautiful as the Jumpers are, I prefer a commando sole on rugged boots.
To be fair, Alden marketing language frequently refers to "oak bark soles" without explaining that it's a leather tanning process. I can understand why some might think the soles are actually oak wood or bark material.
Alden Semi-Brogues on the Plaza last in color #8 from Leather Soul Beverly Hills. I tried these on last December but couldn't pull the trigger. Amazingly, they still had a pair in my size when I stopped by yesterday. Bryan wanted them out of the shop, and I wanted them on my feet. I almost forgot how good that rich eggplant color looks when new. I didn't realize how brown my old pair of 974 wingtips (on the Tremont last) had become until I laid them side-by-side.
I can't seem to find a retailer stocking snuff suede chukka boots on a crepe sole. I've seen them before - does anyone know who has them?
Kwaker - these boots have only been worn about a dozen times but yeah, the toe is worn away. I think it's a combination of my stride and the fact that I walk about a mile to and from work every day. Every pair in my closet has the same problem, even my old 974s which have steel toe taps.
Ravello wingtip boots from The Shoe Mart.
Whoops - yeah they're the nailhead. Still great trousers!