or Connect

Posts by Morgan

Speed hooks catch on my trouser hem all the time. My hems ride up onto the hooks when I sit, and when I stand they pull pretty hard. It drives me nuts, and though I haven't actually ripped any seams yet I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later.
I've been posting in this thread since page 5 and I have no idea where the weird uncle/nephew dynamic came from, only that it's been around a long time. I assume it's one of those message board phenomema which is hilarious if you happen to observe its emergence in real time, and which is just weird and inexplicable if you weren't there at the moment of creation.
I really liked last year's cowichan featuring a bucking bronc on the back. This year's indigo aran cardigan is beautiful, but when I went to check it out at the Melrose shop I was shocked to learn it wasn't wool but cotton (or maybe a cotton-linen blend, can't recall). It lacks the taut springiness of a thick wool sweater. Instead it has that unpleasant flaccid weight that I associate with cotton sweaters. The deep indigo color really is something else though, and it's...
wj4, that is a great look for a University of Virginia football game. The patch pockets on that blazer could easily accomodate a flask of bourbon.
Is there some reason why all the groomsmen must wear the same suit? I was in a wedding last summer for which I had to purchase a j.crew khaki chino suit - even though I already owned a much nicer Ralph Lauren Black Label khaki chino suit. Most of the groomsmen never even took theirs to the tailor, and their comically long sleeves and unhemmed trousers looked as as bad as rentals. If you look at older photos of wedding parties, the mens' suits rarely match, yet they look...
closerlook, which two parts? Are you talking about the stitching attaching the quarter to the vamp? If so, you can probably take them to LeatherSoul in Beverly Hills, because this is an Alden quality control problem and they'll send them back to Alden for repair free of charge. I've taken two pairs to them for this problem, only one of which was purchased at LeatherSoul, and they gladly handled both. Last time I took a pair back, the Alden rep happened to be in the store...
Size?
Fever Tree tonic and Tanqueray. I've tried dozens of gins and I do like Junipero for (for mixing) and Old Raj (for mixing). As for Q, it's good but I prefer Fever Tree.
Epaulet madras with gin and tonics in Mount Desert Island, Maine.
I own these and cannot recommend them highly enough. Sorry that they don't fit you, but whoever picks them up will be getting a great boot. I suggest swapping out the laces for flat waxed.