or Connect

Posts by Morgan

Been looking for snuff suede chukkas on a crepe sole for a while. Finally found them at j.crew, of all places.
Racing green canvas Walts bagging a little at the knees after a long day sitting at the office. Maybe a launder will tighten them back up a bit. I've got a pair of caramel Rivets and petrol Walts ready to go to the tailor - I hope he's open this weekend.
I know women's feet often change sizes with pregnancy, so I'm not surprised it can happen to dudes who gain or lose a lot of weight. My secretary went up a shoe size with her last pregnancy, and suddenly found herself unable to wear a good chunk of her fabulous size 6 shoe wardrobe. My wife is a 6, so she was the lucky recipient of about $10,000 worth of barely worn Louboutin, Fendi, and Chanel shoes. Moral of the story: be nice to your secretary and compliment her...
[[SPOILER]]
NAMOR, I do take the same size in Grant and Barrie, and I don't think I'm the only one. Like I said, the 8.5 Grant is a tiny bit snug at the end of the day. It's also dressier, so I wear much thinner socks than I do with the Barrie. I think the incremental changes between sizes increases with overall size. You're like a 12 or 13, right? I think the difference between 8.5 and 9 is probably way smaller than the difference between an 11.5 and 12 or between 12 and 12.5.
I don't have a 9D Grant, but I do have both a Barrie wingtip boot and a Grant captoe boot, both size 8.5D ravello cordovan, pictured below. The sole of the Barrie measures 12 1/4 inches, a quarter-inch longer than the 12 inch Grant, and it's 4.5 inches at its widest (at the ball of the foot), a full 3/8 inch wider than the Grant, which measures 4 1/8. Note, however, that the Barrie lasted boot has a much more prominent welt which probably adds an apparent 1/4 inch in both...
Had to snag the triple blue from Frans Boone. I'll solve the blue-on-blue problem with off-white or tan denim, and gunmetal and caramel rivet chinos.
Those cigar captoe balmorals are on the Hampton last, which runs true to size, and I wish they were size 9. Good luck with the sale.
For those who own Darlton (aka Marlow) wingtips on C&J's 325 and Lindricks, do you wear the same size in both?
I've gotten so used to my new Rivet routine - launder, iron, tailor - that I repeated the first two steps with my new petrol blue Walts last night before remembering they were dry clean only. I think I fucked them up. They're a little tight in the top block now, and I may have actually burned them with the iron. Damn this summer head cold! It has made me so stupid.