or Connect

Posts by Morgan

Navy Marl Lambswool never gets old. [[SPOILER]]
For your consideration I present the Crockett & Jones for Frans Boone tobacco suede Seymour double monk, size 9D US (8E uk) on the elegant 337 last. I am a true 9D (on the Brannock Device) and these fit true to size. For reference, I wear a 9D on Alden's Hampton, Plaza, and Leydon lasts, and an 8.5D on Alden's Barrie and Tru-Balance lasts. The fit is very, very similar to a 9D on the Alden Plaza last. These currently retail for 569 euro (just over $700), not including...
Pristine vs Patina - what a couple years of light wear look like: Posting because *cough - they're for sale - cough - see my sig - cough*
For your consideration I present the Alden for Leffot ravello Day Tripper boot, in size 8.5D on the Grant last. The consensus is that the Grant last fits about 1/4 to 1/2 size large. For reference, I wear a 9D on Alden's Hampton, Plaza, and Leydon lasts, and an 8.5D on Alden's Barrie and Tru-Balance lasts. The Grant 8.5D is not as roomy as the Barrie 8.5D, however, so if you're a snug 8.5 in the Barrie these may be too small. I'm selling these and other items because I...
For your consideration I present the Alden for Leffot ravello Day Tripper boot, in size 8.5D on the Grant last. The consensus is that the Grant last fits about 1/4 to 1/2 size large. For reference, I wear a 9D on Alden's Hampton, Plaza, and Leydon lasts, and an 8.5D on Alden's Barrie and Tru-Balance lasts. The Grant 8.5D is not as roomy as the Barrie 8.5D, however, so if you're a snug 8.5 in the Barrie these may be too small. I'm selling these and other items because I...
jreigen, thanks for the clarification. I've struck that portion of the post.
Disco Volante, they're about 7 years old.
fitchottie, I'd say it's normal for Alden. It's true for about half the Alden blucher boots & shoes I own, including some ravello boots and suede longwings.
AF53
For your consideration is a pair of lightly worn black wholecuts with medallion toe and channeled soles, handmade by Grenson for the "Stuart's Choice" line from Paul Stuart. These were purchased several years ago at the New York store, when Stuart's Choice was the top of the line option. They appear to use the same last, medallion, and craftsmanship as the current top of the line "Ltd. Edition" option - see this balmoral, which currently retail for almost $1500. As you...