or Connect

Posts by Xenos

Nataku, nice Luccheses! If not hippo, might they be elephant? I have a pair of elephant boots that look very similar.
That's funny. I remember Stanley Blacker from 25 years ago as being relatively decent. Even now, at one of my thrifts, the same stylish, double-breasted navy blazer catches my eye every time and it's Stanley Blacker. Oh well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Orgetorix 3-piece tweed suit, thrifted for $8. Getting enough length out of the trouser legs will be a close call, but it was worth taking a chance on. Wow, that looks really nice. Who's the maker?
Quote: Originally Posted by EBTX66 Thanks! I really couldn't quite believe it! Unfortunately, they are about two sizes too large for me so I will be selling them. I am relatively content with the AEs I'm wearing today, but I have to say these Tricker's are the most beautiful shoes I've ever seen.
Tricker's wholecuts. Harrow model. Barely creased. In fantastic shape. Sorry for the crappy BlackBerry pics.
Quote: Originally Posted by lynch_king has any body ever seen this? ~PAOLO~ DESIGNED BY PAOLO (P/G) GUCCI on the label of a tie? what is it? its Gucci but is it a diffusion? There are a few Gucci family members who had their own lines. This Paolo Gucci line is not associated with the Gucci label, but is designed by a member of the family. A quick Google search will yield tales of Borgia-like intrigue, including hired killers. ...
Alfred Dunhill double-breasted suit, double-vented; pants with forward pleats; light/medium grey wool/mohair combo. Very nice suit with the slight sheen that fabric gives off. Unfortunately, just a shade too small for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by mat135ta I am wearing a great earthy windowpane Brioni DB, side vents cashmere 6x1 blazer today. What is wrong with it? Nothing's wrong with it, unless you're a self-absorbed, myopic jackass like me who thinks everyone has to like what I like. The few DBs I have are 6x2, is all. So, would you be interested in adding to your collection of earthy windowpane, Brioni DB, side vented jackets?
Going through the suit racks at GW last night, flipping past Vestimenta, Emporio Armani, etc., all in 44L, I thought "why couldn't this giant have donated a Brioni?" Next jacket? Brioni. DB, side vents, great earthy windowpane pattern. Not my size, but thought I might be able to flip it. When I got home, I was a bit less enthusiastic when I discovered it was a 6x1, not the 6x2 I thought when I bought it. Ugh.
And passed up a few Pink and Turnbull & Asser shirts, dated Zegna ties, a pair of Church's loafers (not my size and the insole was destroyed, otherwise in good condition) and, unfortunately, a pair of Alden monkstraps. The Aldens weren't my size, and were made for a Beverly Hills store but clearly labeled "By Alden". They were in good condition and were only $28. I'm not much of a flipper but checked eBay later and I could have made a nice profit. Went back this...