or Connect

Posts by Xenos

I remember when the models included pre-Hollywood Billy Baldwin, Andie McDowell and Kevin Costner. Fun fact: Costner, the model, was bumped from the cover of the first GQ I bought: January 1982. On the cover was conductor Zubin Mehta. The editors rarely, if ever returned to models on the cover.
1 pair Alden black captoe brogues (9.5), Very good condition; 1 pair Alden black loafers (8.5), great uppers, but need resoling; 1 RRL tweed sc; 1 Kilgour, French & Stanbury gray single-breasted, center-vented suit; 1 older Southwick dark green houndstooth blazer; 1 Ike Behar formal shirt; 1 J. Crew white linen bd 1 Hart Schaffner & Marx rep tie
The suit? I think was a 44L. It's gone now, though. Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen a Battistoni suit before. The shirt is a 16R (I need an L). Great quality but sleeves are too short for me.
Had a decent run recently: Among other things, shirts by Etro (size 43), Attolini (44) and Battistoni (16R); a Zegna silk and wool SC. Unfortunately, none of the shirts are my size. Also, Oxxford, D&G and Hermes ties. Not pictured, another Zegna navy 3-roll-2, not sure if it's an orphan, but certainly works as a blazer. Several Varvatos shirts; J.Crew shirts; a BB formal shirt with pique front; and a pair of NWOT black cords, Armani Black...
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin I have several Polo jackets with this mix. In New Orleans, this is a year round material. Mike Like the OP, I questioned where to wear my 50/50 wool/linen Prada blazer. But, two nights ago I wore it out to dinner. I live in LA and it was 60 degrees so I wore a lightweight cashmere sweater underneath. Worked out fine.
I think my RL signature jacket was made in the USA, though. Do we know who made that?
Today, a few items: Shirts: 1 Hilditch & Key pleated-front formal shirt; 1 Prada buttondown; 1 Turnbull & Asser blue plaid spread collar dress shirt; 1 Jil Sander light olive buttondown; Jackets: 1 Carroll & Co. brown tweed with ticket pocket, double vents, etc.; 1 heavy wool chalkstripe orphaned suit coat, Ralph Lauren blue label with the "Ralph Lauren" in script, like the current Purple Label. Was this the precursor for PL? Double-vented, looked for the pants to...
Quote: Originally Posted by jkidd41011 What are the measurements on the suit and the darker brown windowpane jacket? The suit is 100% wool and is marked 46L (56L). The measurements are as follows: Jacket Collar to bottom - 34.5"; pit to pit - 24"; sleeve (from top of shoulder to bottom of sleeve) - 24.5" Pants Waist - 42"; Inseam - 31"; Leg opening at bottom - 19" Windowpane blazer is 24% wool, 34% silk and 41% linen and is marked 48L...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku Wow - seriously?! 10 Brioni jackets?! Actually, eight Brioni jackets, one suit and one tuxedo. I still can't believe it myself. The tuxedo is wool and mohair with peak lapels. Very nice. If these had been my size, I would have been in hog heaven. I actually left another Brioni suit and sport coat behind.
Christmas Eve finds. Instead of sugarplums, I had visions of these tags dancing in my head. Unfortunately, not my size. These are 46L and 48L. And one 50. Several are 100% cashmere. Super nice.