or Connect

Posts by knittieguy

Quote: Originally Posted by tiecollector I hope paypal dies a painful death. why? I find it quite useful
If I've ordered a trial shirt from Ricky in the past, and want to order some new ones but with a slight modification, can I count on Ricky to have my previous measurements, or do I need to re-send him everything?
As the initiator of this thread, I am both a bit proud and disturbed by the responses my simple question spawned. But thank you all for your comments. I feel I have a better understanding of drape now. I also feel that drape probably isn't right for me, but now feel more confident in that decision.
My wife loves it. I tolerate it because I love my wife. Which also explains why I am more interested in what suit Michel is wearing than what the girls are up to.
Michel Gerard, in case you are unfamiliar with the name, is the name of the character played by Yannic Truesdale in the TV show Gimlore Girls. He's the French inn clerk. He always wears slim fitting three button suits. I'm just curious what they are. Tough to tell just from this picture (bit dark), but here he is :http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN
This whole conversation has just confused me as to drape. I thought drape had to do with vertical rolls, or waves. A lot of the discussion seems to be about chest "swell," which I thought (from reading Manton) was a different aspect of a suit. By the way, I think Brian Williams of NBC has too much swell going on, although otherwise I find him sartorially sufficient (quite well dressed, in other words).
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling Drape is lovely. Flou, is divine. Tight, is Tom Ford. where is the drape in this shot?
Is it for comfort? It seems like you are deliberately adding vertical waves to your chest.
that's the Bristol from the US classic line - http://www.shermanbrothers.com/produ...&ProductId=897. I am not a shoe expert like many on this forum, though, so you may want a second opinion
When you go to a tailor such as Chan, or Mr Ned (as opposed to the really high priced guys) do they look at your physique and make suggestions for what would look good (soft or firm shoulder, high or low gorge, draped, etc), or do they leave it up to you to know exactly what you want?