or Connect

Posts by knittieguy

Is this the consensus here?This isn't my favorite jacket or anything, but I find it odd that a traditional gray/black houndstooth sportcoat, like the type you might have seen on William Holden or Bing Crosby, is now considered in bad taste. I seem to recall that Nicholas Antongiavanni fellow advising that classic houndstooth is appropriate attire. And while the tooth pattern here is undoubtedly larger than one would desire on a suit, it's about normal size (actually...
More fodder for your disapproval
A little linen for the lingering days of summer
Actually it's medium-brown birds eye. The lighting is poor.
Nick Bronson makes Italian knits for a lot of folks. I'm pretty sure Paul Stuart uses him. http://www.nickbronson.com/index_ing.html
Appreciate the comment, but my understanding was that the focus here was on the color and fabric combinations, not the fit of the suit, which admittedly is a bit too big on me, but also exaggerated in the photo by my raised arm position.It's actually a Pratt Shelby knot. I normally only go with four-in-hands for knits, and Pratt-Shelby's for everything else, but the four-in-hand looked tiny with this knit and collar, for some reason.
A little late to this party but ... I never wear button-down shirts. I never wear loafers or bicycle-toe shoes. I never wear bright yellow or pink ties with blue shirts. I never (or almost never) wear more than one pattern. I never wear colored shirts with white collars. I never wear tie bars or chains (although I do wear collar pins). I never wear anything monogrammed. I never wear big diving or pilot watches. And I never wear a white robe with a sharply pointed hat and...
Fit right in