or Connect

Posts by knittieguy

Any thoughts on doing an adelaide or austerity brogue-styled shoe? There would seem to be an opening for well-made versions of those styles in your price point.
NICE MENS CORNELIANI BLACK/WHITE WOOL HOUNDSTOOTH SPORTCOAT. VERY GOOD CONDITION. TAG SIZE 41 R - BUT I'M A PERFECT 41R FOR BROOKS AND HICKEY FREEMAN AND THIS WAS A BIT TOO SMALL FOR ME IN THE SHOULDERS/CHEST, WHICH IS WHY I AM SELLING IT, AND WHY IT MIGHT BE BETTER FOR A 40R. $48 SHIPPED BEFORE PUTTING IT ON EBAY. Chest: 21" Shoulder: 19" Length: 30.5" (29.5" from bottom of collar) Sleeves: 25" 2 Button / No Vent $48 SHIPPED (US - INTERNATIONAL LIKELY COST...
Quote: Originally Posted by satorstyle I have to agree on Melvin's he's very competent. He did some of the most beautiful hand sewn buttonholes on some cuffs for me. He's not the quickest but I've always been pleased. He really knows his stuff. I once made the mistake of getting a mail-order custom suit from Baron's in Nepal. The suit was an enormous mess, partly because I took my own measurements, but also because it was just cut oddly. For...
try Melvin's. Grouchy but good
Pretty sure Ben Silver is the only place you can get the Albany. I spent a lot of time looking for it once and kept getting told that C&J only sold it through Ben Silver.
afraid not, but he'll send you swatches for free
i like the specs
I have a couple J Press, along with a few from Hober. Hober's are a bigger weave, and are great ties, but J Press ties are still very nice. It is just a smaller, less noticeable weave, so a different look than the Hobers. If you like the small weave, I also highly recommend Winston Tailors, which markets really nice grenadines under the Chipp2 label for just $45: You have to call them to order, but their ties are great 11 E 44th Street New York, NY...
deleted repeat
Quote: Originally Posted by chasingred J Press is having a 25% off sale right now, making their grenadines about $60. The downside is that shipping (for a tie) is $15 (??). I was about to pull the trigger until I saw the picture of Hober's tie up close. Is buying J Press here a bad idea? Also, does anyone know the width of these J Press grenadines? I'm looking to get something around 3". I have a couple of J Press grenadines. They are very...