or Connect

Posts by knittieguy

A little late to this party but ... I never wear button-down shirts. I never wear loafers or bicycle-toe shoes. I never wear bright yellow or pink ties with blue shirts. I never (or almost never) wear more than one pattern. I never wear colored shirts with white collars. I never wear tie bars or chains (although I do wear collar pins). I never wear anything monogrammed. I never wear big diving or pilot watches. And I never wear a white robe with a sharply pointed hat and...
Fit right in
I mentioned the two-plains-one-pattern rule a while back in a long forgotten thread and was roundly ridiculed on the forum. Manton, I think you remarked at the time that Levitt made up the rule and should be ignored. Maybe he did, and maybe some people can pull off the two or three pattern look. I don't know. It seems to me that 99 percent of the time I think two-plains-one-fancy or three plains looks a whole better than mixing patterns. I think part of the problem...
http://www.styleforum.net/t/25541/satisfied-with-solids
Afraid not.
I'm glad they didn't ask me about the country of origin for the shoes. I would have had to figure out whose cows they came from.
I found the answer to this, by the way, in case anyone encounters this problem and has to fill out a Lacey Act form for customs. According to Herring, their cedar shoe trees are made from North American Red Cedar. Interestingly enough, this is not actually true "cedar," as scientifically classified, but is instead classified as Juniperus Virginiana. The whole thing hung up my shoes for about two weeks, but at least it didn't cost me any money. And I got to learn a...
So I ordered a pair of shoes from Herring Shoes in the UK, and they threw in a free pair of cedar shoe trees. This apparently set off all sorts of alarm bells at the US customs office, which held up the package and is requiring that I fill out a Plant and Plant Product Declaration Form. Evidently this is to make sure I'm not importing endangered rain forest mahogany or something like that. Among the many questions that I can't answer are: Plant Scientific Name - Genus...
speculation deleted