or Connect

Posts by knittieguy

I ordered a two piece Gable suit in a "B" 110 fabric, which is the second least-expensive. The MTM price was $1620 after a 10% discount for ordering during a Samuelsohn trunk sale, so B fabrics would normally be $1800 at Fox for a MTM. DC tax added another $95 or so, of course. The fabric prices for an "A" suit started at around $1400, I think, and went up into the high $2ks for "F" and "G"s and letters lower in the alphabet that I saw.The process was fairly routine. After...
What ever happened to Martegani? They used to be quite good, and Ron Rider, their US distributor, was a participant in the forum. Seems like you can't find them anymore. Even Franco's doesn't seem to have a wide selection of them.
Just did Fox Samuelsohn MTM trunk show and was very happy with the service (although have not received the suit yet). Paul Stuart is coming to DC in a month or so, and I understand their MTM is excellent. Their NY store has actual full bespoke, but not sure if the DC branch will have that, or how good it would be. I believe Everards does Hickey MTM, but have not tried it.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/01/23/survivor-looks-back-on-auschwitz-70-years-later/ I didn't know this about him. Makes me respect him even more.
Is that a custom shirt? I like it
Your reply reminds me a bit of this post I saw once. In a good way.
I would agree that AE is not in the "top tier" of Lobb, EG, etc. On the other hand, as far as I know, Park Avenues have never been corrected grain, and I have several pairs of Trickers, Santonis, Marteganis, Grenson (Masterpiece) and Cheaneys and would put the PA leather quality up there with all but the Grenson masterpiece and perhaps my higher end Trickers. And the AEs I have are far superior to my pair of Loakes, which claims it isn't corrected grain but sure looks like...
Thanks for the input and suggestions. Much appreciated.
If he was saying that there wasn't anything I can do, then I apologize, and I appreciate the input. But if he was saying that due to the poor quality of the leather, it's impossible to tell whether there's anything I can do, then yes, I reject that, because the leather for these kind of Allen Edmond shoes is not particularly poor quality. It's kind of like if you asked for advice about ironing a main line Corneliani jacket and someone said it was impossible to answer...
Appreciate the response, but as far as I know, Allen Edmonds Park Avenues are not corrected grain and there's nothing wrong with the quality of the leather. My care for them, perhaps, although I am pretty diligent about keeping them covered with Lexol and Meltonian cream.