or Connect

Posts by knittieguy

shared enthusiasm
Doesn't seem much interest in starting one, but thanks.
According to PS, "The usual price of an MTM suit starts at $1900. We are running 10% off until the 29th of March. There are three models you can choose from that are made in Canada. All with different fits."This is for the NY store, but I imagine the MTM price will be comparable once the DC store gets up and running. PS Custom (bespoke) is obviously considerably higher, and not sure if they will offer that out of DC.
Not to get annoyingly technical, but a consensus is, by its nature, general. And thus a "general consensus" is something found in the department of redundancy department.
big improvement there on the alteration
With respect to Tom James, I have never actually had anything made, but from my experience with an office visit, you are measured by someone who is much more salesman than tailor. In fact, I don't think he had any tailoring experience. One of my colleagues had some shirts made and I was unimpressed.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/467108/suit-options-in-dc-md-va-mtm-or-bespoke
I figured most of the sponsors, or shops run by SF members, would offer SF discounts, but was somewhat surprised the other day when I asked the KA Hanger Project folks and they said they do not offer a discount for SF members. Has anyone ever compiled a list of merchants that do? Seems like if there was a list, it would be a good way for merchants to encourage patronage.
I ordered a two piece Gable suit in a "B" 110 fabric, which is the second least-expensive. The MTM price was $1620 after a 10% discount for ordering during a Samuelsohn trunk sale, so B fabrics would normally be $1800 at Fox for a MTM. DC tax added another $95 or so, of course. The fabric prices for an "A" suit started at around $1400, I think, and went up into the high $2ks for "F" and "G"s and letters lower in the alphabet that I saw.The process was fairly routine. After...