or Connect

Posts by knittieguy

When you get a gift card from a site like Giftcardgranny or Raise or Cardpool, you get the full amount of the gift card, you just get it at a discount. So when you bring the gift card into the store, you get to use the full value of the card. The store typically doesn't have any idea where you got the card. It is a good way to stack an additional discount on top of a store sale. So you might pay $85 for a $100 gift card. You can then buy $100 worth of stuff from BB. If a...
Tricker's Belgrave shoes. Espresso burnished (dark brown) color. Size 9.5 UK. Goodyear welted, leather insoles. Recently purchased from Tricker's and worn twice before deciding they were too big for me. I am a 10 US, so these are more of a 10.5 US or even an 11 US. Standard size 5 width. 4537 last - see http://www.trickers.com/belgrave-town-shoe-1099.html for more information. Very good quality adelaide in somewhat rare dark espresso brown color. Come with original...
I know that the site calls them "collars," but you're really talking about the lapel. The collar is on the shirt. You might get more responses if you title the thread tuxedo lapel, because people seem to have a lot of strong opinions about them. That said, I'm not one of those. But based solely on the drawing, I don't think the roundness of the smooth collar looks that great. But I might change my mind if I saw it in person. I prefer the peak lapel look for tuxes, except...
Black "Moretti" semi brogue oxfords that I recently purchased from Ron Rider. According to Ron, Moretti was a brand he came up with working with one of his regular factories in Italy, and he intended to gear them towards clients who like a sleek shoe in the style of G&G, Corthay, etc., but for a lower price. He chose the name Moretti in honor of a gentleman who worked in the factory's design office. Unfortunately, it turned out there was already a Moretti shoe line and...
Tricker's Belgrave shoes. Espresso burnished (dark brown) color. Size 9.5 UK. Goodyear welted, leather insoles. Recently purchased from Tricker's and worn twice before deciding they were too big for me. I am a 10 US, so these are probably a 10.5 US. Standard size 5 width. 4537 last - see http://www.trickers.com/belgrave-town-shoe-1099.html for more information. Very good quality adelaide. $220 firm with shipping in the US. If they don't fit, or you don't like them,...
The Golosalvo in cognac also looks nice. On the other hand, the Jael looks like something out of a cheap horror movie. To me, anyway.
Magnanni seems to have upped its game of late. I picked up some Santiagos and was duly impressed.
the jackets are designed with space for a large hump and each pant leg is a different length
By the way, I looked a bit further into the "custom" and when you've made your selections, it gives you a bit more info and says the custom suit is half canvas.
Thanks. I'm shocked that the BrooksCool suits are fully canvassed now. I have one from a six or seven years back and I'm pretty sure it's fused. But you're right, the website says they're now fully canvassed. So the BrooksCool suits are fully canvassed and yet a lot of the more expensive 1818 suits are half-canvassed? Odd