or Connect

Posts by false

For those of us who already have a gore-tex shell is their much argument for also getting an insulated field jacket? I was toying with the idea of getting one this year but it seems like you could layer any slim insulator jacket under a shell and get exactly the same function + the ability to use it just as a rain jacket. Ended up deciding to save money and just suffered through the NY winter but next year am planning to drop 150 on a down liner to toss under my Nomad and...
I'm not sure what you mean by meet up but yes, I've been there 2-3 times. Staff are super friendly and helpful + there's often a little bit more stock than whats listed on the website. Just copped slim dungarees, new OGs, and a pair of loosie 60/30's in a never released color at a massive discount. Also go some socks which, boring as socks may be, seem like they'll be awesome. Smartwool are good for hiking socks but their dress socks are crap.Also, re. it is mentioned...
New model of pants up. The pics don't make them look that great - I appreciate the added gusseting but they look really unstructured and cheap - but could just be the pics. I understand having a middle point between dungarees and Nyco's but once I'm committed to buying, I'll generally eat the difference and get the best option rather than compromise*. It sucks they aren't restocking 60/30s at the moment. Just got a job offer after several months of unemployment but...
Does anyone know a US/Online retailer that carries the Patterson Light (I know they were limited to 500 pairs). At the moment the only place I can even see them having been sold is Rakuten and I'd rather not go that route. Local shop has regular lights for 230 but holding out in the hopes of finding pattersons to match my the color of my Nomad jacket.
In NYC if anyone wants to do face to face. Everything will be sent tracked/registered mail. Inquire via PM re. overseas (non-US). All prices + Paypal fees & shipping. Alden #8 Cordovan Longwings 7.5US (fits as US 8) Worn ~ 6 times (9/10 condition) - Ended up buying in 8. Includes box and bags SOLD
In NYC if anyone wants to do face to face. Price + shipping and paypal fees. J Crew Cord Jacket Never worn outside. 10/10 quality. Chambray lining. Small $70
Wanted a Mullholand Master, somehow got this from an ex. Wore outside to take a pic once. 10/10 condition $300 Size: M Chest: 21.25 Shoulder: 17.75 Sleeve 25 Great detailing, construction, neat buttons etc. Price + shipping and Paypal fees In NYC if anyone wants to do face to face. Original limited small batch edition MFSC “white Denim”. • 11 ounces • Indigo weft and white warp • Sanforized: Minimal width shrinkage and 3 to 5% in length • Indigo blue solid selvedge •...
SOLD In NYC if anyone wants to do face to face. Everything will be sent tracked/registered mail. Inquire via PM re. overseas (non-US). All prices + Paypal fees & shipping. Alden #8 Cordovan Longwings 7.5US (fits as US 8) Worn ~ 6 times (9/10 condition) - Ended up buying in 8. Includes box and bags $500 US
I know lamb is less renewable then calf but is there anything I can put on my black CWU to bring back its black shine/stiffness? It still looks great but the color has dulled and its become floppy and limp since getting wet. Entirely my fault and I know some people prefer more drapey dull lamb but would be great if there's a conditioner out there that can stiffen / shine things up.
Is there any treatment I can use on my CWU to bring back its evil black shine from when it was new? Its been caught in light rain a few times and has faded to matte black. Makes sense that it could shine back up since its so easy to do on shoes, couches etc.