or Connect

Posts by false

Mr. Porter had the best deal (30% off) for Black Friday. Keep in mind, with tax that's still like $900.
So...60/30's are on sale on Outlier..
Its hard to answer because everyone has different tolerances. That said, the Galvanic is for cool, wet weather. It has significantly less insulation than a Patrol, IS Field etc. You should not being looking to that jacket for a "winter coat". Also, everyone misses this but the Galvanic has a bonded cotton outer which basically makes it a Mac - ie. you should treat it more delicately than a Patrol, IS Field Jacket, etc. I love the Galvanic in "sand" color but that...
Anyone know when and how much for Barneys (and is it different instore and online)? Want to cop a veilance insulated field jacket but 30% off at Mr. Porter is still too expensive.
Bump - just random inquiries so far.
Had bunch of inquiries but flaked. Still available and open to reasonable offers.
I'm sort of a lurker but I'm down from about 6:30 on (down for food too)! Just moved Tokyo > NYC as well so would be cool to meet new people.
I got caught in a 25 minute Typhoon walking to work in Tokyo and mines still fine. The lamb will loose its high gloss shine after it gets wet but thats inevitable.
For those of us who already have a gore-tex shell is their much argument for also getting an insulated field jacket? I was toying with the idea of getting one this year but it seems like you could layer any slim insulator jacket under a shell and get exactly the same function + the ability to use it just as a rain jacket. Ended up deciding to save money and just suffered through the NY winter but next year am planning to drop 150 on a down liner to toss under my Nomad and...
I'm not sure what you mean by meet up but yes, I've been there 2-3 times. Staff are super friendly and helpful + there's often a little bit more stock than whats listed on the website. Just copped slim dungarees, new OGs, and a pair of loosie 60/30's in a never released color at a massive discount. Also go some socks which, boring as socks may be, seem like they'll be awesome. Smartwool are good for hiking socks but their dress socks are crap.Also, re. it is mentioned...