or Connect

Posts by SystemShock

Wow. How much $$$?
Now, to be fair, the young man above does have some serious (and creative) competition...
Quote: Originally Posted by aprogressivone The fact this thread exists means the ad is not a failure, but is working. I don't know. I barely care, y'know? If it's a success, it's a very minor one.
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas If you have the Tiptronic you're probably getting that BJ from a guy.
I love Sabbath. In my high school typing class (gotta luv meaningless electives), we were allowed to play music, and the only music that was allowed was Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. Made the class actually enjoyable.
Quote: Originally Posted by Parker I'm actually interested in a modest turntable. But something reasonable ($300-500) and minimalist. Would love just a thin slab of wood with a platter and an arm. I was thinking of a Rega. Any other suggestions? Regas are great for the money. I also really like the Systemdek IIX... sometimes referred to as "the poor man's Linn Sondek". If I was going 'inexpensive yet great-sounding turntable', those would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Modernist Of course there are audible improvements with more expensive equipment, but I'm not convinced that they are worth the extra money. As a former Linn Sondek owner, I can definitely assure you that they are. It's like night-and-day vs a regular turntable, or a CD player. However, some expensive turntables are somewhat poorly-designed, and won't give you a major boost in sound quality. A lot of the ...
Quote: Originally Posted by JFKJean I just got into the show as of xmas (watched the whole season 2, very funny) and saw the 2 episodes and it was okay. Was seasons 6 and 7 that bad? If so, I'll have to watch anyway just to get a feeling of how "rough" things got ABC episode 1 = Seasons 6 & 7 < ABC episode 2. More or less. 'bout the only thing I remember being good from S6 & S7 was the 'Carla giving birth' episode. But maybe I'm forgetting...
Quote: Originally Posted by huy Does anyone else hate Carla? I think she is the most annoying character on the show. I've never really liked her on her own. But she's probably the closest thing the show has to an "adult". Without her, you'd wonder how they actually ran the hospital w/out everyone dying. Her relationship with Turk is good though. I like them as a couple.