or Connect

Posts by Felix Krull

I find it fascinating how this thread is in a way a perfect illustration of how our society is becoming increasingly accommodative and afraid to offend people. When people starting ridiculing Cllamont's garrish, cheap suit he expressed his offense at the off-color remarks and all of a sudden people started to try to rationalize their perspectives and justify their statements. No matter what people said, Cllamont found something offensive in it and continued to debase the...
If you love wearing hats and want a truly classic fedora then you need to leave the ready-to-wear stuff alone and contact Gary, the Custom Hatter in Buffalo. He is the best hat-maker in the world today, period. www.custom-hatter.com He can make a custom fedora for you, just like what Bogart or Indiana Jones wore, for around $300.
A more productive enterprise that each man should undertake is to identify those criteria he values most in a tie and rank those ties, either in his personal collection or in the marketplace, that most closely abide by that set criteria. Life is too short to wear ties you don't love. The most important criteria to me is the way the tie knots, followed closely by the quality of silk. I am blessed to own two ties in my wardrobe that have an almost-magical ability to...
I fell in love with Ferretti ties the first time I wore one. The silk is exquisite, the construction superb, and the features are magnificent. When you handle one you can clearly tell it is a notch above Breuer, Altea, etc.
Not including Ferretti, without question one of the finest ties in the world, in the original list quite clearly shows the list's merit, or lack thereof.
Quote: Originally Posted by jagmqt I'm still relatively new here, and the brand may be taboo, but I didn't see anyone mention Fossil... Almost all of their men's dress watches are under $135 (heck, almost all of their watches are under that price)... I bought a Fossil "blue" (model bq-9038) back in the mid-90's and the thing is still working without fail today...it's so old and scuffed after a hard life, I have trouble putting it aside and still use...
Is the Allen Edmonds Verona made on the same last as the bruzzano? I've noticed that the Verona looks a little bit elongated in the forefoot from the bruzzano. Sadly, my bruzzanos are on their last legs and I am looking to replace them naturally with the Verona. I'm hoping I can just order it off the AE website to save time, but if they're on a different last I'll probably need to try on a pair to ensure the fit is right
Quote: Originally Posted by Stazy Everything. Can't be bothered to go looking for deals. Agreed, I have lost out on a couple of items I really wanted to own by waiting for it to be marked down. Both times I waited in vain and my size sold out. The only time I ever buy stuff on sale is when I happen upon it. Otherwise, I bite the bullet and pay full price but I always get what I pay for. That's the key!
Quote: Originally Posted by Tcameron Yesterday, I was waiting for someone outside of a restaurant where a Limo was double-parked out front. A disgruntled valet came up to me and asked: "Are you the driver?" as he pointed to the Limo taking up the space he needed. I shook my head and with a chill, affirmative tone said "No." This wasn't as bad as later in the evening being called a "Tool" from a rather drunk gentleman at a restaurant. After dealing...
I think you should have gone with pleats. It looks like the padding in the shoulder extends too far out creating that indentation on the sleeve right below the shoulder. Your pants shouldn't be breaking in the back behind your thighs like they are, not sure what's causing that. If I were you I would point all of these things out to your salesman or whoever you contracted with to make the suit. There are quite a few little things they got wrong, the flaring pockets not...