or Connect

Posts by Felix Krull

Looks like you're well on your way to becoming an alcoholic!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola Hung like a horse? Explains why all the girls like me It's definitely not because of your personality!
Wearing jeans with a sportcoat is an abomination. Those that do so wind up looking like an absurd sartorial centaur.
Give me a damn break! You're being paid to represent someone in federal court and you can't even pick out your own damn suits! If I was your client I'd fire you on the spot.
Double cuffs are not a do or don't, they are merely situation specific. They are the more formal cousin to the button cuff. Just like a peak lapel is more formal than a notch lapel. Knowing the suggested rules of style allows you to tailor your attire to the precise degree required for any event. For example, if I'm going to a formal wedding in a church with an RSVP reception afterwards I'll wear a peak-lapel single-breasted suit with double cuffs since this is...
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Even the best bespoke clothes cannot make you skinnier/handsomer/younger/more muscular. While technically what you say is true, I beg to differ with the insinuation of your statement, namely that clothes can't make you more attractive, particularly to women. It is beyond dispute that a man's habiliments have a sizable impact in the way he is perceived by others, women included. I'm not even going to go...
Quote: Originally Posted by mr monty To be good is one thing, but the best in the world? I rank my hats from Optimo (Chicago) with the best. His prices are now nearly $500. Have you seen in person or own a fedora from Optimo? Visit this forum for more info about high quality fedoras: The Fedora Lounge http://www.thefedoralounge.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3 Well Gary White, the Custom Hatter, made the hats in the 1989 Batman movie and...
Quote: Originally Posted by forsbergacct2000 And this approach and mindset will benefit your career how????? Precisely the kind of pansy I was referring to...
The rationale behind purchasing high-end goods on ebay escapes me. To me the whole point of buying top-shelf merchandise, whether it is Gucci, Rolex, etc., is the experience of buying it and knowing you have the means to pay full price for it without blinking. Where is the satisfaction in getting a luxury brand on the cheap? If you're lucky maybe you don't get ripped off by fake stuff and you save a few bucks to impress your friends, but at the end of the day all you are...
Be sure you are a good lemming and follow everyone else over the cliff. My advice to you, if you really want to incite outrage in your colleagues, would be to get three piece suits and proxy the vest for the jacket during the day. You'll soon become known in the corridors of power as, "the vest." The look is conservative enough for any law firm or bank and simultaneously throws up the middle finger in the face of every pansy afraid to stand out a little bit.