or Connect

Posts by JR_Rider

Quote: Originally Posted by rathebaindc What are the best outlet malls on the east coast? I know Woodbury Common is up there, but where else should I go? More specifically, what outlets carry higher end Ralph Lauren products? The ones I visit outside DC tend to have the same old polo and buttondown shirts. Honestly if you are speaking in terms of selection at actual Ralph Lauren/Polo factory stores, Woodbury Commons is where it is at. ...
Personally I actually prefer Ralph Lauren Blue label knit ties....probably because they are the perfect width for me. I have J. Crew made in Italy knit ties but can confirm that the outlet versions are indeed made in China and poorer quality. I also have a Purple label and the quality is higher than on the blue labels but it's actually thicker than I prefer. But everybody has covered all the vendors that I know sell knit ties....
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay I prefer removable stays. Me too!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenStyle Hi all - I'm the best man for my friend and there's around 20 of us going to Barcelona for his stag weekend at the end of May. Having never been to Barcelona myself - I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations at all? We're all around 30 years old. Staying in the Ramblas area. Thanks in advance! Stephen. I'm glad to hear you are headed to Barcelona.....I just got back from...
www.crombie.co.uk
Personally I like Off 5th and visit it pretty regularly as their is a store about 15 minutes from my house. They have been having great sales as of recently as well, I believe their most recent sale was 40% off of any pair of shoes. Anyway, I don't really purchase a lot from them besides shoes because ours doesn't usually have anything that great. I have probably bought about 5 pairs of shoes from there though...
Only probelm with Crombie's shirts is that their sizing selections suck!! Last time I ordered from them they did not offer multiple sleeve lengths with each neck sizing. The shirts I ordered had a collar that was too large and sleeves that were too short. Fortunently I purchased the shirts on sale for 29pounds each but they rarely have sales and their regular pricing is absurd for the quality to be the same as a Charles Tyrwhitt or TM Lewin shirt.
Personally I think that their shirt provide an excellent value when you can find them on sale. I would recommend you going with their trim fit because otherwise the shirts will fit like a tent. But as far a quality the shirting fabric is decent and they feature single needle tailoring, split back yoke, etc... I would gauge their shirts as being higher quality than Jos A Bank but below Brooks Brothers. I usually catch their shirts on sale and pay between $19.99 and...
I am in Barcelona, Spain right now and only stumble upon this store yesterday as we went to virtually every Zara store I could find. Here in Barcelona, Zara a hands down the most popular retail store. I can't think of any store this popular in the United States. Anyway, I was very impressed with the presentation in the store as I felt it has a very upscale feel. Although they had some really nice looking pieces I didn't pull the trigger on anything by their cologne. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow How can I tell if I've made the right career choice? I just graduated from university a few years ago and have been working at a Big4 accounting firm since then. I really don't know what I want to do with my career beyond getting my designation. When I talk to co-workers at my level, they all say they're not sure what they want to do with their careers either. It seems everyone moves into private industry after...