or Connect

Posts by JR_Rider

Quote: Originally Posted by KPO89 Fellow Cigar Connoisseurs.... I will be on a cruise to Jamaica in about three months. I want to try a good Cuban cigar but am afraid with the concentration of tourists there will be a plethora of fakes. Is there a good way to distinguish a Cuban? Any particular cigars I should be on the lookout for? My advice to you would be to just observe the shop from which you purchase your cigars and how they are stored. ...
Trying to decide what to smoke tonight as I will be on the move......leaning towards a Davinci Masterpiece as they are my favorite cigars but I just picked up a Tabacalera de Garcia sampler on Sunday so I may pick something out of that pack....
Quote: Originally Posted by snickn To add, I'm 6'1 220lbs 25 year old white guy - I'm going as a date but do know the bride (soroity sister of my date)...and we'll be going out after. The wedding is in Austin, TX - I'm looking for something modern, I'm having problems seeing things I like at the discount places. Though $1000 seems to do the job if I stick with my nice black shoes I have. Hmmm.....well the good thing is that you are in Houston...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard Moreover, it seems as if there are two monograms on the shirt. A bit of overkill, no? Each shirt only has one monogram.....his has it on the inside of the shirt below the collar, mine is on my left cuff..... Quote: Originally Posted by fox81 WTF? Were you taking the shirt on a picnic? LOL!!! No, I just had a bunch of other clothes on top of it and it's been there a...
Quote: Originally Posted by hth2002 JR_RIDER, is the difference due to shrink allowance added to the MTM shirt? I doubt that because if I remember correctly, the collar on the Mytailor shirt had longer "points" and the collar is slightly higher.....the duplication of the RLPL collar is very good though and you can only really tell the difference when you have the two shirts side by side. I would definitely recommend Mytailor around the $75...
Not sure on that one......I have had this shirt about 3 years and actually sent them measurements of a RLPL Keaton spread collar and asked them to use the same measurements although when comparing the two shirts, the measurements are slightly different......I couldn't find my tape measure to measure the points and the spread but here's a side by side comparison......
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne While vox is debating the pros and cons of Dege/Whittaker bespoke shirts, my first ever MTM shirt arrived today from Joe Hemrajani / mytailor.com. I placed my order on Aug. 23rd and had politely asked if they could put a rush on it as I may wear the shirt at my wedding in a few weeks. The shirt would have been delivered even sooner were it not for my contacting them to change the collar size once the shirt was...
Quote: Originally Posted by jet +1!!!!!!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by nicad2000 I hit the local BR this weekend and came away with several pairs of "fun" socks for $2.99 per. They aren't exactly Pantherellas, but definitely some interesting colors and patterns of what appear to be decent quality. Every pair in the place was on sale for this, so there should be plenty to choose from. I was actually there on Saturday and picked myself up a few pairs as well.....great price point.
A good friend of mine recently started making bowties and I wanted to get your opinions on double sided bowties....I have only ever seen a few double sided bow-ties other than his and the selection was very limited. Here is a link to an article about his tie with some pictures of his work..... http://uristocrat.com/2009/05/1095/sampleties3/ Thoughts???