or Connect

Posts by JR_Rider

Quote: Originally Posted by ld111134 Is the promotion code posted up-thread still applicable? I tried using it today but was unable to complete my purchase. Promotion code is still good!! The trick to it is that you must have 5 shirts in your cart when you apply the code. I just used the code to order 5 shirts Monday and the code worked no problem. Here's my order..... Item\t\tQuantity\tTotal Price 505158884786\tWhite Plain Fine...
Quote: Originally Posted by kulata I would have believed this if I didn't have over 15 TM shirts that only shrank minimally like any good quality cotton fabric While I do agree that TM Lewin shirts shrink more than others I would say that you should just account for this when ordering your shirts. The shrinkage is not excessive like a previous poster suggested. I have about 8 TM Lewin shirts myself but thanks to this great post I will be...
Gold tie still available?
I actually just had my tailor narrow the armholes on my overcoat last week. I was basically asking her the different things she was able to and she was basically like she can pretty much do whatever I am interested in having done. So I asked her if she could make the armholes narrower and she just pinned them up to my liking and made it happen. I was certain to make sure that she understood that I didn't want the armholes tapered but made narrower throughout, which is...
Quote: Originally Posted by mr monty Google gucci outlet stores for the nearest location. They seem to always have some loafers discounted. Purchased the bit loafer back in 76. They were still wearing well until they were stolen 10 years later. Both pairs below are well constructed and fit good [IMG][/IMG] I have been dreaming about those brown lace ups on the right for a few years at this point....never found them in my size....those...
Quote: Originally Posted by erdawe Well, I'm a historian on men's dress, but one would assume that that slash pockets would be more formal. However, the flap pockets are arguably more practical since the flap design protects the items in the pocket better than a slash pocket from the elements. Really, I would have thought the exact opposite to be true. But I personally prefer flap pockets for the aforementioned reasons.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne Cool. Btw, I believe my buttons are MOP. Hadn't really paid attention at first. That's good.....I bought mine from one of the group buys here and they ran me about $20 so you save yourself $20!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne Cool! I decided just to get a contrast collar as I've come to feel that a contrast collar + cuffs appears too business-like to be worn on social occasions. I didn't know they offered MOP buttons as an option. I guess I can always buy some off naturlaut(?) in B&S and switch these out if I want to in the future. Feel free to serve as my double and post fit pics of your shirt. Coming up tonight.......
Quote: Originally Posted by barims Lewin may well be that low come the holidays. I have a couple of Gibson jackets in my eBay watchlist, but I'm not yet ready to pull the trigger, especially when I just landed a brilliantly 70s double breasted from YSL with commercial airline wingspan-lapels Ask ManofKent about Brook Taverner I was going to recommend Lewin too......Lewin had their suits on sale last Christmas for 190 pounds if I recall...
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewRogers Single-needle construction? Yessir....definitely single needle tailoring although, I did notice that my shirt does not have the split-back yoke as Wes' does. Maybe they have improved their construction method of shirts since I purchased mine a few years ago. I will say that they have excellent customer service and although I had to send a different shirt with the same collar back to them at least 3...