or Connect

Posts by JR_Rider

Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS +1 This is the best price I've seen Lewin shirts this year for sure. It's rather common to see either 4 shirts for £90 or 5 shirts for £100, but I've never seen 5 shirts for £84.52 shipped. But then again the only reason I saw this code was because the original poster was kind enough to share it with all of us. THANKS OP!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS Of course I tried a smaller knot... but the opening wasn't properly covered and the visible tie material between the ends of the knot and the beginning of the collar was unsightly. The guys on the video seem like real douche-bags and the editing looks like it was done by a retarded monkey on PCP. As well, a FIH knot is a total fail for a very wide spread collar, he needs to use a half or double windsor, or maybe a...
Quote: Originally Posted by acarlton quick question, is the sizing on these shirts TTS? I don't have many higher-end shirts yet but I wear a Large in BR shirts (16.5 x 35 according to the BR website). Am I going to be disappointed if i get a bunch of 16.5 x 34.5 shirts? Conversely, should I get 36 inch sleeves instead? (I'm trying to avoid having to get the sleeves shortened) 16.5 x 34.5 should be perfect for you. I have with the...
Sounds like you need to returns some shirts too!! LOL!! Quote: Originally Posted by ld111134 I did too...after buying 5 at the regular price because the promotional code did not work when I tried to buy them using my office PC (it did work when I accessed their site form home, however )
Quote: Originally Posted by Rosencrantz1 Did you wash in cold and hang to dry? Yes I do.
Quote: Originally Posted by gregor I got one or two and they were 15.5 and after I washed them they became like 15 and I can't wear them with ties anymore. I believe the fabric you go with on Lewin shirts also plays a large factor in the amount the shirt shrinks. I have a pinpoint shirt where the collar shrunk rather noticeably, probably between 2/8 to 3/8 of an inch. But I also poplin and twill shirts where the shrinkage was more minimal. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Viral Thanks, that would be awesome. Also, can you let me know how much fabric is pinched in the darts? I'll be taking them out and don't want to have a noticeable difference in fit after doing so. Just want to be absolutely sure before I place an order. Thanks!! After comparing a slim fit with a regular version, the dart seems to be the only thing that makes the shirt slimmer. The arms are the same and if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow How are they in terms of fit? For reference, express or h&m fitted shirts work pretty well for me, except that they don't have numeric sizes for the collars and their M runs half a size too large for me to use. I'm a little hesitant to drop 140 bucks on 4 shirts without trying them on first. So, any comment would be helpful. Thanks! I don't have experience with either of those particular shirts but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Viral can anyone tell me if their slim fit shirts are cut slim or are just darted version of their regular fit? Their website mentions darts, however I'm not a fan of visible darts.......I'd rather they just cut them slimmer (like Thyrwhitt). Any info would be great. Unfortunately there are visible darts. They seem to be cut slimmer as well but there are certainly visible darts as well. I will compare two...
Quote: Originally Posted by ld111134 What is the discount code you used? Is it NJTES? After placing an order over the phone yesterday, I called them again today about this promotion code and they said that they were unable to honor it - they said that it had expired on February 28th and was restricted to UK customers. You must have gotten lucky! Yes that's the code. Just make sure you are on the UK site where the prices are all in pounds. ...