or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

Walked around NYC in my Millers today (third wearing) and they are breaking in nicely. Walked from Grand Central up to RL Mansion and back again, hitting some of the after Christmas shopping. I am very pleased with the boots and the fit of the 724 Last in the E width ( I went down from the F width I had used on the Moore I ordered last spring.) I would definitely consider other options in the 724 - a great square toed last that seems to fit me great.
Well...seeing that neither Alden or AE do closed channel construction, you won't have the problem of the channel opening. So no bitching from me. I'd be complaining about the clunky lasts and the 360 degree welt.Had a channel open on a C&J handgrade. Glued it down with gorilla glue and was good to go.
Two pics. Shows the grainy texture of the toe. Great job. note the beveled edge of the toe tap.
I agree with the fit of the shoe trees on my Millers...do not fit snugly across the vamp. I found the same thing in my trees for a recent G&G Deco. They cut them very low across the instep down to the toe. They don't fit snugly. I can push down on the vamp behind the toes and their is a lot of space. As for finishing on the Miller, I am little disappointed as well. The leather on the toe box has a very grainy texture. Can't really raise much of a shine. Had the...
This sounds exactly right to me. AS is taking a style normally made only in handgrade and making up the shoe to exclusive standards on an exclusive last.
We did varying widths on the Miller boot.
Fed Ex called. The Miller boot will be delivered before 10:30 AM tomorrow!
Me too! Happy Christmas to me!
Great. In a 9.5 E, a less snug fit than a DG70 9.5 E. I have a TG73 9.5 D and thought it was a bit snug, so I went with the E. Plenty of room. probably could have gotten away with the D. Was worried that they would look a little long on my feet, but don't think so at all. Will post pics when I wear them.Purchased them through Paul Stuart (they came labeled Stuart Limited.) My only complaint is that they didn't put on the toe taps I requested. I don't know if that...
Deco Papworth just arrived! First pic is the truest color. The greyish tones are too light in pics 2 and 3.