or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

I didn't claim they were doing MTO exclusives. I think we can still do that with AFPOS. My point is that if you want to order a stock shoe in the exclusive line, like the Hunt, the Moore or the Ramsey (all available on the AFPOS site), you can't do it from the US. You have to go to US stockists like Leffot and and accept what they happen to stock at the price they charge. In the case of Leffot, the options are limited and the price signficantly more than what one would...
Leffot is currently stocking AS Exclusive. 720.00 for the Hunt. 518.00 at AFPOS. That is what we are getting with this new policy. Does anyone even know of any AS stockists in the US? If this is being done to suck up to Leffot, it is nuts!
Guess that is to protect the rather high prices at Leffot for the AS Exclusive.Hope G&G doesn't follow suit with Bespoke England.My complaint with this policy is that alot of retailers simply don't stock much of a product run. I think Leffot is a great store, but their available stock in my size is very limited. It almost feels as if the stock offerings serve to entice the MTO market.A disappointing development.
What do you want them to do? Send you a free pair of shoes? Oh, I know, Steven from Leffot should fly in, bring you breakfast, and pick them up at your house.
Nice boots but some alarming creasing within the toe cap of the left boot. That is not good!
Has anyone sent their shoes to be stretched? A good stretcher can really target specific locations on the shoe, and perhaps you could alter the fit of the heel to relieve the irritation.
$3 toe taps on a $1,200 pair of shoes?Get the inset metal toe taps (that sets me back $35 at BNelson/VIP shoes.) A much cleaner look than the glued, stapled, or nailed on taps.
Walked around NYC in my Millers today (third wearing) and they are breaking in nicely. Walked from Grand Central up to RL Mansion and back again, hitting some of the after Christmas shopping. I am very pleased with the boots and the fit of the 724 Last in the E width ( I went down from the F width I had used on the Moore I ordered last spring.) I would definitely consider other options in the 724 - a great square toed last that seems to fit me great.
Well...seeing that neither Alden or AE do closed channel construction, you won't have the problem of the channel opening. So no bitching from me. I'd be complaining about the clunky lasts and the 360 degree welt.Had a channel open on a C&J handgrade. Glued it down with gorilla glue and was good to go.
Two pics. Shows the grainy texture of the toe. Great job. note the beveled edge of the toe tap.