or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

If it is AS's doing, I really question the wisdom, but let's wait and see. If AS starts popping up with a good selection for the consumer then it will be a good thing.
Though you have to admit, Fiddler, that you vented pretty harshly before you gave Leffot any chance to respond, and when they did respond, they did just about everything one could reasonably expect to make the situation right.However, as my earlier posts indicate, that does not make me a blind fan of Leffot. I have purchased from them in the past (two pairs of Corthay) and thought the service was fine. I like the fact that they have given us access to a wider range of...
Illustrates the anxiety of "waiting for the other shoe to drop."
I have posted at great length on the AS MTO thread.I am annoyed enough that I am inclined to simply not give AS my business in any shape or form. Would love to know the details as to how this export ban developed. If Leffot pushed it as a condition for stocking their limited run of exclusive styles, shame on them and a very stupid move by AS because I think they would do better in the US market developing the AFPoS connection. It will be interesting to see how the shoes...
I have made no claim to know for a fact that AS policy was in deference to Leffot. Others opined that AS was acting to protect US vendors and to my knowledge Leffot is the main purveyor of AS exclusive.I have shopped at Leffot and have been pleased with their service and their products. I defended them up and down months ago in the long debate over EG monks and a guy trying to do an end run around Leffot to buy the same shoe from EG. I do wish they would maintain a...
Yes and it was made on an handgrade last. I think when you were there the exclusive line had not yet really come out. The Moore is now an exclusive stock style, made on the 724 last to exclusive standards (which is BELOW the MTO Handgrade line) I remember being quite excited when i saw the Moore drop significantly in price. It was when I looked more closely that I saw they had launched a line below handgrade. When you say Leffot is now stocking "true exclusives" I have...
I could be wrong, but I think you are confused as to the AS Exclusive/Handgrade designation.Handgrade is the top line. More refined waist treatment, different styles and different lasts than the Exclusive. I think Leffot is carrying the Exclusive line, Exclusive styles, made on Exclusive lasts, to Exclusive standards.What we did at AFPoS was to take a Handgrade style (the Miller boot) and have it made on an exclusive last (724 I think) to exclusive standards, with the...
Mimo, You make some good points but: 1) Leffot's prices do not include city or state tax. That will be extra. Shipping from the UK is not really that much. I am not sure what customs duty would be. 2) Unless you buy from the shop, you will pay shipping. Leffot is an e-commerce business as well. 3) AFPoS has played an equally large role in elevating the AS Exclusive brand - more than Leffot from what I can see. Leffot hosted AS Handgrade MTO, but they only just...
In that case, I backed Leffot. The shoe in question was a navy shell Westminster made up expressly for Leffot. Profits were being donated to charity I believe.EG was right to say that that design was exclusive to Leffot. Perhaps you could make the case that after a certain amount of time, one could have gone directly to EG. At the very least, they should have quoted the same price point.But let's not refight that debate here.I just keep coming back to the simple fact...
If AS cares about US retailers (do they really have any?), they might take the time to list that information on their web site.What I found is:Leffot has seven styles with a pretty good size run - but running about $200 more than at AFPOS. Maybe with the new AS policy, they will start to move them.Rider Boot has two boots from the Country line - more casual, rugged stuff. $660-680. $435.00 at AFPOS.Now of course you have to add in shipping to the US and play the customs...