or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

Hey, Did anyone check out the offerings at Paul Stuart? A rep from Grenson has been there for the past few days marketing a MTO and bespoke line. Aportnoy, saw you were there for moleskins...I assume you checked out the shoes! Talked to a fellow on the phone; He said MTO was 950. Bespoke 2,500. If any went by, what styles did they have for MTO? Last varieties? Leathers? etc. Thanks.
My experience has been that most list the UK to US conversion a half size difference (witness the Edward Green 9.5/10 marking) I wear a 10.5 in Allen Edmonds and Aldens. I have gone with a UK 9.5 in EG and C&J. I buy the RLPL size 10 and the Peals size 10. With Paul Stuart choice, if the shoe was made and sized on a British last, I went with a 10. The one exception was a British made shoe they said was made on an American last; I went with a 10.5. The main...
Quote: Originally Posted by von Rothbart Mantellassi How do sizes run in this shoe? If I am a 10.5 in AE and a 9.5UK in EG and C&J and a 9UK in Lobb 8000, any advice on sizing in this Sutor? Thanks.
I assumen those are in Japanese Yen...putting the price at around $1,200.00 Anyone have any line on how hard it is to purchase from Japan? Recommendations?
My vote is for the 82. The outsole on the F last is too pronounced for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by dkzzzz Again I might be wrong. If MTO lasts from their website are in fact exactly the same as RTW lasts then I retract my comment. Currently if one would go to their Web page and click Shoes->RTW one would be presented with a range of shoes that are clearly different from what you see on MTO page. Not true. If you click the "bench-made" you get a variety of styles. If you click "Made to order", you first get a...
Quote: Originally Posted by diorshoe i also have a medallion plain toe in red cognac in U last 44 brand new in box with 3piece shoe trees. same price. very beau OVEREXPOSED. here is a more true color photo: actually these are a bit overexposed too. the red cognac is a reddish color... these also fit more like a 10.5 D slightly snug. same for me, slightly loose, and i am a 10D. Beautiful and I think my size...I wear a 10.5...
Post pics please. I ordered mine (Hayes, Rioja on the smart square last) in April with a promised late September delivery. Wish I had a 3 1/2 month turn around!
I am going to run to my tailor and have my pants hemmed short and my sleeves lengthened....
I rather like these Borgioli: