or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

Quote: Originally Posted by bengal-stripe I presume, those shoes are a made-to-order job. So Harrydog will have decided, when he placed the order several months ago, what style, size, leather etc. he wanted. Normal practice for any firm, to have full payment before they hand over the goods. Those days, when you paid your tailor/shoemaker's bill only at that point, when you placed the next order, are well and truly gone. I wasn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by medwards Perfect timing for you to meet with Dean in DC this week to place your next order. That is what I was hoping. They are in New York today through Wednesday, but I have yet to receive my shoes. I was charged last week and supposedly they shipped at that time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II My experience has been that C&J is a full size off. Thus, a 7.5UK should equate to a 8.5US. On my feet, this holds true for the 337, 348, 341 and 200. I don't disagree. The question is how do American sellers mark the conversion. For example, Peals at BB consider the 9.5 UK should be marked a 10 US. So, even though I am a 10.5 in made in the US Aldens and Allen Edmonds, I wear a US 10 in...
Quote: Originally Posted by lefty That's what he said. Masterpiece = Stuart's Choice = Rose. lefty If that is the case, then the Rose line is priced well at Pediwear, going at about 200 pnds.
Most recently (and currently) I believe the single row of nails Peals have been C&J, double row have been Alfred Sargent.
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday I think it really depends on the shoe. Over the last few years, I've managed to buy about every shoe I've really wanted on substantial discount, including a variety of EGs, Grenson Masterpieces, shell, RM Williams, etc. I'm lucky my tastes don't run to the more exotic, but a guy can certainly build an exceptional, high-quality shoe wardrobe without paying retail. Well you have done very well! For me,...
My understanding is that the bespoke features a personalized last. I am more interested in the MTO service. The card I received said that significant customization is possible. I am curious what syles and last options are available. At 950.00 for a custom made Grenson Masterpiece, the service seems quite reasonable. I have been very pleased with my Grenson made Paul Stuart Choice shoes.
They will be in New York next week I believe. I was told I would have my order from April 20th in my possession prior to their upcoming visit. I really wanted to confirm fitting and wear the shoes a few times. Dean said my shoes would ship this past week; my credit card was duly charged, but it does not look like I will get the shoes prior to their visit. Manton, what mail service do they use? Oh well.
Trying to get the shoes you want, make and style, by relying on sales is pretty much doomed to failure. This is a clear case of if I like it and want it, I pay full price. I am not going to buy a Lobb on sale just because it is a good bargain. Now, it is true that perhaps seeing a shoe you like and deciding to wait could net you the shoe later on sale; it is also just as likely to be gone.
Hey, Did anyone check out the offerings at Paul Stuart? A rep from Grenson has been there for the past few days marketing a MTO and bespoke line. Aportnoy, saw you were there for moleskins...I assume you checked out the shoes! Talked to a fellow on the phone; He said MTO was 950. Bespoke 2,500. If any went by, what styles did they have for MTO? Last varieties? Leathers? etc. Thanks.