or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

I am having a hell of a time breaking in a pair of Telford captoe adelaides. They are blistering the top of my foot behind my big toe where the shoe creases on the vamp. I have two other shoes on the 82 last...Beaulieu and Inverness; no problem, great fit. But the Telford is a captoe and that might contribute to the stiffer crease. Anyone else have this problem? I bought some of those moleskin pads you cut and attach to your foot. I hope that allows me to wear...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley Nice EGs Holdfast. EGs are always very stiff when worn initially. On this line... I am having a hell of a time breaking in a pair of Telford captoe adelaides. They are blistering the top of my foot behind my big toe where the shoe creases on the vamp. I have two other shoes on the 82 last...Beaulieu and Inverness; no problem, great fit. But the Telford is a captoe and that might contribute to...
Jacket looks a bit long to my eye. I tend to go with the "bend your fingers and cup the bottom of the jacket" rule.
I like the Weymouth. I do agree it took some polishing -many times over a number of months, before the color really got interesting. My only complaint has been that the toe does not take the color from the polish that well. Polishing with brown kiwi I see a noticeable darkening across the vamp and instep - not so much on the toe. I have had to work to perfect the polishing routine on this shoe. Below is a comparison with a recent purchase - a C&J for Peals I...
Pick these up at BB. C&J for Peals label. The comparison to the Weymouth is striking. I like the medallion on the Weymouth better; but other than that they seem pretty similar. I go back and forth as to whether the Peals is on the 337 last...sometimes I think yes...then again... Purchased at the recent 25% off sale, they were half the price of the Tan Weymouth at ben Silver - currently going for 725.00!
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Foxx the cut continues.....bought a new rowenta iron today to shape up the white dress shirt, barrel cuffs. hated to retire the ol steel battleship I had before, but its time was UP. the trip will be so short (day trip only), I won't even be staying the night-- thought I'd simply bring a suit bag with the shirt, tie, suit and wear jeans/ the dress shoes on the plane (with a shine rag in ma pocket for pre-interview...
Just don't wear black tassle loafers! What are you going to wear for shoes? I would at minimum go for an AE Park Avenue in black...well polished. Would really prefer an EG in Dark Oak...maybe the Beaulieu (in burgundy) Don't nail the suit and then fall down on the shoes! Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy ^^^^Drop dead gorgeous Harry!! Thanks to your recommendation...I think I'll be back for more! What polish would you use with pewter? I went with a neutral wax, but was thinking about black.
Lobb Philip II in Museum Pewter I am not a fan of black shoes and think the pewter will make a nice alternative.
Quote: Originally Posted by tonup277 anyone have a photo of worn weymouths to share? i just returned a pair of BB Peal wholecuts cuz i didn't like the way they were creasing around the toe box. granted, they were corrected grain, so i'm sure the comparison is a bit biased. but the Peals experience has left me a bit hesitant on another pair of wholecuts, even if the CJ calfskin is of higher quality. photos, anyone? I have these Peals...