or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC What did YOU wear? Light grey mohair/wool suit. White shirt. (spread collar/french cuffs) Blue/white/tan silk plaid tie; tan with white polka dot PS Tan Peals (C&J) Wholecuts
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley If formality is the central point, maybe you should be questioning his decision to wear a seersucker in the first place. I agree that Merrill walkers are unsightly in general, but excusable if one is going to be doing a lot of walking or have some feet issues, but whatcha gonna do? You can always slap him on the wrist with a ruler, I guess. The graduation was outdoors at 9:00 in morning. Faculty and...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley is this another thread that is going to discuss what the "rules" are? Come on, this is what he wanted to wear, not you. Apparently he's aware of SF and some style cues so he's not totally ignorant. Only because I frequently reference the site and he was trying to beat me at my own game. Clearly, you are of the same opinion, power to you. Quote: Originally Posted by...
I am a teacher at a private day school in the northeast. We had graduation today. Faculty are expected to be in suits or jacket/slacks and tie. A colleague wore a Haspel seersucker suit, white button down, and a nice Drakes pastel plaid tie. No problem. Footwear? He wore dark brown suede Merrill walkers. Knowing what shoes he owns, I said I thought his black captoes were more appropriate (the school dress code specifies black or brown dress shoes.) He...
Quote: Originally Posted by jamaican Dude, my first order a Hove derby shoe (ordered in April 2007) took 3 1/2 months, the Rothschild brogue (ordered en of October 2007) took 7 months and the Cannes (ordered early January 2008) took 5 months on the dot. As for MTO options, check out the gazianogirling.com website: In short there are a good few designs (see the benchmade section on the website), each of which can be put on one of the four last shapes...
Looks terrible. The balance is all off. All the weight is acroos the hips and the chest and shoulders looks shrunken. Of course if that is the look you are after.....
Quote: Originally Posted by NorCal_1 you should read this thread first by Demmeter it's a classic Great thread. I would want to do a full resole so as to recork the footbed. Shoes that old and hard worn always feel funny on my feet when I put them on and feel the impressions of the previous owners feet.
I like the design on these EG Telford.
Quote: Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd Is it: ... E width not D ... ??? E is bigger I have a couple of EG in D width....very snug but fit fine. I have the the Beaulieu in 82E...also fit fine if a bit less snug. When I saw the Telford at the winter sale in 82E I thought it would be a good deal. I think the E width has a little excess leather across the vamp, hence the crease causing the pain across the top of my foot. The pads seem to...
I think I solved the problem. First of all, I think I should have bought D width not E; that might have been a factor. I have an EG Beaulieu in an 82E; they fit great. On the Telford, I think the combination of the captoe and the rather low and forward cut of the adelaide throat combined to provide the discomfort where the shoe flexes. My first try was to put moleskin pads on my foot where the shoe was biting. it prevented out and out blisters, but it still...