or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

Quote: Originally Posted by John Ellis I'm almost ready to go and buy those PS spectators just to prove I'm not a wimp who lets his wife dictate his shoe choices. In fact I bought some ghillie style which alone produced all sort of snarky comments about kilts and deer stalking. Pic attached. HOOTS AWAY MON. I bought these same shoes on Saturday!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by knittieguy Anybody tried Trickers version of the austerity brogue? http://www.pediwear.co.uk/detail.php?stock_ID=2278 I think it is made especially for pediwear. Only available in one color, unfortunately. Confusing listing....the call it a "wing cap derby" which it isn't. It also has a dainite sole - rather unusual for what I consider to be a rather dressy shoe.
Quote: Originally Posted by Harry Lean My wife came home at the weekend and l showed her the shoe l was going to buy on ebay (first ebay purchase ever). lt was a Church's `Royal Range' spectator. l was really excited about the shoe. When my wife saw the picture she nearly had a heart attack. She called the spec stupid, ugly and f***ing stupid. She said l better not dare get it, she would disown me. She was furious that l would consider such a hideous...
Quote: Originally Posted by pledge Can anyone give some sizing guidance on the Beaulieu on the 82 last? I've heard from some that you may need to size-up, and from others that you would need to size down.... I love the Beaulieu...have it in burgundy on the 82. Went with my usual EG size 9.5/10. I have the 82 in a D width and two E widths and am hard pressed to tell the difference.
Chris, Looks great, though we need bigger pictures to better appreciate the "accessories." Here is my MTM from the Fairfield Clothiers...A Samuelsohn as well. (Sorry but the light made me squint and look sleepy!)
Quote: Originally Posted by John Ellis Why not. Many posters here flock to the RL sales to buy EG shoes. I've bought EG shoes in their sales. One of my favorites shoes, a Sutor Mantelassi pebble grain full heavy brogue, did I spell that right, was purchased in a Bergdorf sale reduced from $1400 to $450! My point was that the fact the shoes are on sale should not be the main reason you buy them. In other words...you don't look through the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mykel67 I would like to take advantage of the BB online sale that ends tomorrow. There are some great deals on shoes. The two I like best (or rather, styles I don't already have) are below. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks! http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...t_color=Cognac http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lor=Dark-brown Can't say I like either of them. I agree with the poster who...
Hey all, I know of and have used the following on line vendors for NWT discount merchandise. Any I have missed that you have had a good experience with? 1) Sierra Trading Post (all kinds of stuff!) 2) Bluefly 3) Virtual Clothes Horse 4) ehaberdasher 5) Grapevine Hill 6) shop the finest.com Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Toad As for man purses, that's going a little far. He needs it, because the suit is so tight there is no place to put a wallet, car keys, phone etc.
Hit Paul Stuart for the Grenson made Paul Stuart Choice.