or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

Manton, Excellent! I love the way the white shows through the brogueing on the toe cap. Be careful polishing! Enjoy!
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast I like someone who aims high! Hope you enjoy your new shoes. That's quite the elongated last. How does it look on the foot? I love the overall design though. Sharp! It is not really as long as it appears. Here is a comparison with C&J 337 and EG 82 all are 9.5 UK The C&J is the longer of the three. The G&G is actually very similar to the the EG 82, though more pointed. ...
The Rothschild in the sharp round last. This is only my third pair of black shoes in a rotation of about thirty pair; I thought it would be nice to invest in a few nice black shoes, even if I much prefer all the different varieties of browns and burgundies. I am wearing them now; have to say the fit is not great out of the box...the heel cup does not seem to be rounded well so as to cup my heel, but I am counting on them breaking in with...
[quote=tutee;1201626]What??? I called them a few weeks ago to inquire and was informed that there is nothing like that available however a MTM type service would cost 2000 approx with 6 months wait. FD! Deleted
Quote: Originally Posted by culverwood I have a pair of G&G Antibes loafers. They were MTO so there was no way I could try them on. I have worn them half a dozen times now and have to say they are the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I have. Obviously with RTW you can try them on and see how the last suits you and with bespoke you can keep working your first pair of shoes until they have your last 100% right. With MTO on the other hand you are in...
Quote: Originally Posted by pledge Does anyone know if the sale shoes are of the "old specifications", and if so, what does that mean? My understanding is that the sale shoes are from this year's production for their stock line and should be relatively recent generation in design...at least that is my hope as I will be taking delivery on the Rothschild sometime this week.
Quote: Originally Posted by lordofpi I am attending my sister's wedding within the next 4 weeks, and I really want to find a RTW balmoral boot to go with my semi-formal daywear for the occasion. All I can ascertain from this site is the EG Shannons, which are most assuredly MTO (not enough time). Does anyone have any other recommendations on such short notice? You might be able to track down a pair of Lobb Brooklands. I believe they have...
Quote: Originally Posted by jasonsun BB bought Southwick recently? Does that mean it will switch to Southwick from Greenfield gradually for it's suit? Anyone have any thoughts? I suspect they will continue to use Greenfield for Golden Fleece. BB had already sourced many of the 1818 suits and sports coats to Southwick in the past. Now that they own Southwick, it is all the easier.
Talk about being teased. The original post by Iyorito said he had intended a buy it now for 200.00 pnds, but couldn't get it set up right. Said he hoped to do so. Meanwhile the pair I want is already well over that price. Grrrr. I would have been all over the buy it now.
I have a number of wholecut or wholecut-like smooth vamp shoes. My experience: Borgioli: (two wholecuts) virtually no creasing. Martegani: one pair creased; the other (radica calf ) did not. Love the Martegani radica calf. Grenson (two an ankle boot and a wholecut Balmoral) for Paul Stuart: very little creasing. EG Grant (smooth vamp monk): No creasing. C&J Weymouth: no creasing - a kind of a ripple, but no crease. C&J for Peals wholecut: no...