or Connect

Posts by Harrydog

You didn't miss it; I edited the post.Yes, I think the PS shoe department rocks. Don't forget to throw in the Grenson masterpiece. I think they are still being made. I don't know who does their Italian makes.I don't get into NYC that often, but PS is always a priority stop.
On the 106.
Yes, they had some very nice single monks by AS with the same, very elegant waist.
Alfred Sargent for Paul Stuart. Paul Stuart continues to impress with their great range of shoe offerings. My favorite place to shop for shoes. Midnight blue calf and suede. On last 106 Great waist treatment The flash really brings out the blue. They are much darker in natural light. The suede is dark blue not grey. Will try to add some pictures in natural light tomorrow. Only available in the store; not offered on the web site. I am very pleased with these. ...
I was rather disappointed in my Radwell boots. The color really came out of one of the shoes when I polished them. For what ever reason the color didn't really set. Could see that the laces had rubbed it off the tongue. When polished with brown paste wax many light patches appeared on the shoes. Didn't want the hassle of mailing them back to the UK, so I sent them out locally to have them redyed. Meant to take pictures, but..... Hope to see them salvaged.
Is PS MTM done by Samuelsohn (like much of the PS line)? What do you get with PS that you wouldn't get if you just went through Samuelsohn at a Sammy trunk show MTM event?
How about. Alfred Sargent for Herring Shoes. Great fiddleback waist treatment. Here is website: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?styleid=1818&shoeid=7075&brandid=6&catid=179&oldcolid=3752&stype=0&overlay=1
I find Inca and Rain a little generous in the width. I don't want to size down because the fit is good under my arch and at the ball of my foot.I am a US 10.5 and go with a UK 9.5 in EG and G&G. I have the Inca and Rain in a 9.5 as well. I got a Simpson 9.5 and it fits much more like the 9.5 EG. Very (though not too) snuff.I would only size up on the Simpson if you are finding Rain to be the perfect fit. If, like me, you find Rain a little roomy, Simpson in the same...
I was just in Shoemart in Norwalk CT and they had Carmina at a 20% discount. As my wife aways says, "that's real money!" I think the discount is only good in store. I scored a pair of black, captoe, single monks on the Rain last. Was tempted to do more but a month back I got the singe monk in suede from Epaulet. My wife just ordered me my birthday present- split toe Norwegian monk from Leatherfoot. I have to show some restraint. I don't know why but in the past year...